Re: panotools meeting 2013 sicily

  • marty
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 26, 2012
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@...> wrote:

      > hi,
      >
      > have the dates been set for panotools 2013 in sicily?
      >
      > if it could be before sept. 1 because that's when kids start school....?

      ..and Jeffrey has got a lot of kids :-)
    • john law
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 27, 2012
        Re Sicily
        Chatting to Aldo & his wife at Kinderdijk we talked about possibly holding the ptools meeting at Xmas.
        Sicily would be excellent at that time but boiling hot in August and packed with tourists.
        Perhaps we should also consider Easter as well...

        JL
      • giant_klobasa_monster
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 27, 2012
          I don't have that many kids. Only a few. :)

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "marty" <martin.hrdlicka@...> wrote:

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@> wrote:
          > >
          > > hi,
          > >
          > > have the dates been set for panotools 2013 in sicily?
          > >
          > > if it could be before sept. 1 because that's when kids start school....?
          > >
          > ..and Jeffrey has got a lot of kids :-)

        • Rodrigo Alarcon
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 27, 2012
            I quite agree with John that in August the heat it would be unbearable. We went in May and it was really nice and comfortable.

            In which part of Sicily are you planing to held the meeting?. My wife and I have been twice, the first time to the north-west of the Island i.e. Trapani, Selinunti, Palermo, Corleone, Marsala etc, here are the panoramas for it http://www.360panoview.co.uk/sicilymagazine/index.html

            This year we went to the North-east of Sicily, Catania, Syracuse  Taormina, Randazzo and here is the second instalments of panoramas.  http://www.360panoview.co.uk/sicilymagazine2/index.html

            I thought it may help you make your mind up. Obviously it is the South of the Island to explore yet. Please give me the feed back of what you think on the panoramas. Easter time it will be nice due to the Easter festivities but maybe it would be a bit dearer and more difficult to find accommodation.

            Kind regards,

            Rodrigo

            On 27 November 2012 16:15, john law <mail@...> wrote:

            Re Sicily
            Chatting to Aldo & his wife at Kinderdijk we talked about possibly holding the ptools meeting at Xmas.
            Sicily would be excellent at that time but boiling hot in August and packed with tourists.
            Perhaps we should also consider Easter as well...

            JL

          • Aldo Hoeben
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 28, 2012
              > Chatting to Aldo & his wife at Kinderdijk we talked about possibly
              > holding the ptools meeting at Xmas.

              We did? Gee, I wonder what other brilliant ideas I had during the meeting that I remember nothing of ;-). I just remember we had the best couple of days we had all summer (even if the italians were getting frost-bite).

              It all depends on the availability of a venue...
            • john law
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 28, 2012
                No Aldo I had the 'brilliant idea' such as it is, and your wife was enthusiastic about avoiding the family xmas. Does that jog your memory?

                bw

                JL
              • giant_klobasa_monster
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 28, 2012
                  October would definitely be more comfortable than September. At least that's what I imagine....

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

                  > Re Sicily
                  > Chatting to Aldo & his wife at Kinderdijk we talked about possibly holding the ptools meeting at Xmas.
                  > Sicily would be excellent at that time but boiling hot in August and packed with tourists.
                  > Perhaps we should also consider Easter as well...
                  >
                  > JL

                • John Riley
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 28, 2012

                    On Nov 27, 2012, at 11:15 AM, john law wrote:

                    Sicily would be excellent at that time but boiling hot in August

                    One of my professional organizations had their WINTER (January) meeting in Alaska a few years back. No thanks! I'd rather be hot 8-)

                    John Riley
                    4Pi-VR Media Solutions
                    http://4pi-vr.com
                    johnriley@...
                    (h)864-461-3504
                    (c)864-431-7075
                    (w)864-503-5775
                  • Matthias Taugwalder
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 28, 2012
                      One of my professional organizations had their WINTER (January) meeting in Alaska a few years back. No thanks! I'd rather be hot 8-)

                      Alaska's summer temperatures are probably are probably what Sicilians used to in Winter... ;)

                      Greetings from Switzerland,

                      Matthias

                      ---
                      Matthias Taugwalder
                      matthias.taugwalder@...

                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 2, 2012
                        > No Aldo I had the 'brilliant idea' such as it is, and your wife was
                        > enthusiastic about avoiding the family xmas.

                        Genius!
                      • Thomas
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
                          Not that I have any standing, but I vote for September, so that I CAN be with the family at Christmas -- and do a wine tour of Sicily with my sister later in September :)

                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

                          > Re Sicily
                          > Chatting to Aldo & his wife at Kinderdijk we talked about possibly holding the ptools meeting at Xmas.
                          > Sicily would be excellent at that time but boiling hot in August and packed with tourists.
                          > Perhaps we should also consider Easter as well...
                          >
                          > JL

                        • luca vascon
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 7, 2012
                            Maurooooooo...
                            Where are you?!
                            :-D

                            2012/12/3 Thomas <TKSharpless@...>
                            Not that I have any standing, but I vote for September, so that I CAN be with the family at Christmas -- and do a wine tour of Sicily with my sister later in September :)

                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

                            > Re Sicily
                            > Chatting to Aldo & his wife at Kinderdijk we talked about possibly holding the ptools meeting at Xmas.
                            > Sicily would be excellent at that time but boiling hot in August and packed with tourists.
                            > Perhaps we should also consider Easter as well...
                            >
                            > JL

                            <*> Your email settings:
                                Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to:
                                (Yahoo! ID required)

                            <*> To change settings via email:
                                PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                            --
                            Luca Vascon.

                          • Bostjan Burger
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 10, 2012
                              Ok, ok, Luca I am nearby to you and can hear you but Sicily is far away... a bit more lauder please ;)

                              Bostjan

                              Not that I have any standing, but I vote for September, so that I CAN be with the family at Christmas -- and do a wine tour of Sicily with my sister later in September :)

                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

                              > Re Sicily
                              > Chatting to Aldo & his wife at Kinderdijk we talked about possibly holding the ptools meeting at Xmas.
                              > Sicily would be excellent at that time but boiling hot in August and packed with tourists.
                              > Perhaps we should also consider Easter as well...
                              >
                              > JL

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                  PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              --
                              Luca Vascon.

                            • Toni Garbasso
                              Message 14 of 15 , Dec 10, 2012
                                Now this silence is upsetting....
                                I have call Mauro in September and asked him any news about next panotools meeting.
                                He told me he had found a space available in Messina (NOT in Taormina) for the second half of september 2013. After that the silence. I need a Nodal Ninja piece and he is not even answering at this kind of emails...(three months??)

                                So Mauro, tutto bene? Qualche problema?

                                If it's not possible there "could be" an alternative solution in Marsala, under my care, but I have to know it as soon as possible, and need to have the endorsement of the panotools-meeting group.

                                Toni