Re: Printing Panoramas

  • Angus
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 24, 2012
      Thank you for the helpful responses and, from reading these, I have realised that I didn't make myself particularly clear from the outset, for which I give my apologies.

      My post has clearly been interpreted as me wishing to print my own panoramas when in fact I was looking for advice as to the specification for a printed output which I could take to a professional priner. Any advice relating to what type of printing specification others might suggest or recommend was what I was looking for.

      Many thanks,
      Angus

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dicere" <dicereabdere@...> wrote:

      > If you want to print your own panos I would recommend you first join one of the Yahoo wide format printing groups (like EpsonWideFormat@yahoogroups.com or WideFormatInkJet@yahoogroups.com among others) and start reading about the problems the professionals have. Then if you still want to print your own, expect to invest something in 5 figures for hardware, paper, ink, maybe more for an additional room on your house, and several months to climb the learning curve to get professional looking prints. It might be worth it if you like it and can find a market for your work, but for a one off job maybe finding a local pro printer to work with would be a better choice.
      >
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Angus Mackie" <angus@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I wonder if anyone might be able to assist me please. I have just been
      > > approached by a new client looking to commission me for a hilltop panorama
      > > to be printed at large size and framed. I am in the process of determining
      > > what size, mount and frame he is looking for but as printing panoramas is
      > > new territory for me, I wondered if anyone could give me some advice about
      > > the best medium to use? What I do know is that the printed output needs to
      > > be of a very high standard and quality.
      > >

      > > My client has asked for the panorama to be shot next Spring / Summer when
      > > the days are longer, clearer and hopefully brighter than at present!
      > >

      > > If anyone could give me the benefit of their wisdom, I would be very
      > > appreciative.
      > >

      > > Many thanks,
      > >
      > > Angus
      > >

      > > Angus Mackie
      > >
      > > www.scotland360.co.uk

    • jimbo
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 24, 2012
        Angus,
        That's very helpfull.. My suggestion now would be to get some specs together.. with your client.. Size will start driving the direction you choose also. Once you get even that figured out and the end look your after lets do it again.. Then we can give you specif options to look at with your available sources.. or even help recommend a source for you.. The suggestion to stick your nose in the Wide Format groups is a good one.. I'm on both and their are many their that do this.

        jimbo
        Thank you for the helpful responses and, from reading these, I have realised that I didn't make myself particularly clear from the outset, for which I give my apologies.

        My post has clearly been interpreted as me wishing to print my own panoramas when in fact I was looking for advice as to the specification for a printed output which I could take to a professional priner. Any advice relating to what type of printing specification others might suggest or recommend was what I was looking for.

        Many thanks,
        Angus

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dicere" <dicereabdere@...> wrote:

        > If you want to print your own panos I would recommend you first join one of the Yahoo wide format printing groups (like EpsonWideFormat@yahoogroups.com or WideFormatInkJet@yahoogroups.com among others) and start reading about the problems the professionals have. Then if you still want to print your own, expect to invest something in 5 figures for hardware, paper, ink, maybe more for an additional room on your house, and several months to climb the learning curve to get professional looking prints. It might be worth it if you like it and can find a market for your work, but for a one off job maybe finding a local pro printer to work with would be a better choice.
        >
        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Angus Mackie" <angus@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I wonder if anyone might be able to assist me please. I have just been
        > > approached by a new client looking to commission me for a hilltop panorama
        > > to be printed at large size and framed. I am in the process of determining
        > > what size, mount and frame he is looking for but as printing panoramas is
        > > new territory for me, I wondered if anyone could give me some advice about
        > > the best medium to use? What I do know is that the printed output needs to
        > > be of a very high standard and quality.
        > >

        > > My client has asked for the panorama to be shot next Spring / Summer when
        > > the days are longer, clearer and hopefully brighter than at present!
        > >

        > > If anyone could give me the benefit of their wisdom, I would be very
        > > appreciative.
        > >

        > > Many thanks,
        > >
        > > Angus
        > >

        > > Angus Mackie