Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panorama printer with paper rolls?

  • jimbo
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 22, 2012
      Hmmm I hit the send button and then your post pops up.. Well it's pretty simple for you actually.. if you have to have a desk top printer that does both rolls and sheet then you really have no options but to stick with Epson..right? For your market / cost / and apparent space requirement they are your only option that makes sense.. as far as the issues with the smaller Epson or the larger ones for that matter .. you'll  have to work with that just like the rest of us do.. and I'm sure you have and will..

      If your looking for some competition for the desk tops Epson makes .. I think your only hope will be HP or Canon.. So far they have decided not to go there.. Constructively.. if the issue is really space for a printer well then your really stuck.. and that's that.. (but you've created a box for yourself)  but if that's not the case.. then why not consider a larger format printer.. an A3+ can print sideways on a 24" printer .. check prices on material going that way and compare.. What I'm suggesting is that sometimes the walk in price on a printer is deceiving.. So if you save a few hundred on the purchase then they stick to you for ever more.. well you've really lost.. I do prints buy the sq inch.. that's how my world works.. So I honestly watch my costs relative to that .. For me their are two important things .. I need to make totally incredible prints for my clients and I need to make money doing that or I'm history..  It's really way simple.

      Sooooo.. to sum up on turkey day.:-) making art is the most wonderful thing in the world ..I just couldn't imagine doing anything else.. the world is changing as is our artists..and our clients... It's hard and has been for a while .. but I believe.. and will never sacrifice quality or my efforts towards making art live another day.. So ..lol.. I'm not sure if I owe an apology for my boldness or not.. you all got a little look inside of a fruit cake.. ..only on Thanksgiving!!!....guess I got sentimental..  I need to say this then go help make dinner in town.. If your in the art business .. especially now..... making a small box is like pretty risky.. boldness actualy does better.. It's just fun...

      jimbo
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 4, 2012
        I have the 5.5 and he 5.6.
        Could I send it for tived@... ?

        regards,
        Antonio Cabral

        Com os melhores cumprimentos,
        António Cabral

        digisfera

           web www.digisfera.pt

        phone  (+351) 214 062 218
        mobile (+351) 966 390 236

        Taguspark, Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia

        Edifício Inovação II, 421
        2740-122 Oeiras  Portugal

        2012/12/4 Henrik <tived@...>

        Contact autodesk, would b the first choice

        Sent from my iPhone

        On 05/12/2012, at 2:50, Michael McKelvey <m_t_j_mckelvey@...> wrote:

        Does anyone know how or where I can an old copy of Realviz Stitcher 5.5 from? I lost it from my PC and as Realviz have been taken over by AutoDesk am stumped as to where I can find a copy, I do have its original serial number.