Re: [PanoToolsNG] Panorama to Video

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
      On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:23:39 +0100, Johann <corswors@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys.
      >
      > There is not much information upon how to convert 360 panorama,s to
      > video. Well at least i could only find pano2movie --
      > http://www.pano2movie.com/
      >
      > Does anyone know of other software or advise i could use to store pano,s
      > to vido format ex: AVI or MPEG so that i could store it on a DVD to be
      > played and displayed on DVD player and LCD TV

      You could also use most 3D programs, wrapping your pano on a sphere around
      your camera.
      I've used Lightwave, but Blender is free.

    • giant_klobasa_monster
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
        oh right.

        so you could use a script, as mark fink says, or you could hide your mouse in the corner, and control the pano with your keyboard.

        > On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM, giant_klobasa_monster
        > <panoramas@...>wrote:
        >

        > > oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way
        > >
        > > 1. download FRAPS and install
        > > 2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to
        > > be
        > > 3. put your pano in fullscreen
        > > 4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.
        > >
        > > that is all.
        > > as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your
        > > video will look great.
        > >

        > Sorry, but that's not great
        >
        > The mouse pointer in the scene is so ugly !!!
        > Not professional at all
        >
        > You can not present this to a client

        > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
        > http://ayrton360.com
        > twitter.com/ayrton360
        >
        > *"It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."*
        >

        > > that's how i made this
        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

        > > > I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After
        > > Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all
        > > you need is a pan through a panorama.
        > > >
        > > > Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.
        > > >
        > > > Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your
        > > stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the
        > > sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but
        > > not the easiest.
        > > >

        > > ------------------------------------
        > >
        > > --

      • Bruno Postle
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012

          There are some notes I wrote on the wiki for doing this in Blender:
          http://wiki.panotools.org/Animating_panoramas_in_Blender

          ..and an example video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW2PgGDAGw

          --
          Bruno
        • Johann Victor
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
            Thank you very Much Bruno Will try out your Tutorial

            On 21 November 2012 20:55, Bruno Postle <bruno@...> wrote:

            On Wed 21-Nov-2012 at 10:58 +0100, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
            >On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:23:39 +0100, Johann <corswors@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Does anyone know of other software or advise i could use to store pano,s
            >> to vido format ex: AVI or MPEG so that i could store it on a DVD to be
            >> played and displayed on DVD player and LCD TV
            >
            >You could also use most 3D programs, wrapping your pano on a sphere around
            >your camera.
            >I've used Lightwave, but Blender is free.

            There are some notes I wrote on the wiki for doing this in Blender:
            http://wiki.panotools.org/Animating_panoramas_in_Blender

            ..and an example video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW2PgGDAGw

            --
            Bruno

          • panovrx
            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
              Has anyone tried a hardware 1080p capture device? .. now you can get them for as little as $120
              http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-Game-Capture-HD-PRO/dp/B008YTAGGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353534469&sr=8-1&keywords=Roxio+Game+Capture+HD+PRO

              You would need two computers. One where you have your panorama which you are navigating (a 3dConnexion device or joystick would make this smoother) and another computer with the capture device.

              You could do voice over commentary at the same time I think if you wanted

              PeterM