Re: [PanoToolsNG] Panorama to Video

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012

      On Nov 19, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Johann Victor <corswors@...> wrote:

      Christian witch book explains this topic we chating about and in which chapter ?

      It's called the HDRI Handbook 2.0 and this particular topic is part of chapter 6.7

      -Christian

    • Roger D Williams
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
        Very nice! What gives it away as a simulated pan is the lack of parallax between the hanging shrine rope and the background.

        Roger W

        Sent from my iPad

        On Nov 20, 2012, at 1:17 PM, "panovrx" <mediavr@...> wrote:

        > Element 3d for After Effects
        > https://www.videocopilot.net/products/element/
        > can be used too. You can load equi 360s directly as skyboxes and animate the camera how you want
        >
        > PeterM
        >

        > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
        >> I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book, specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects experience. Field-tested on real-life photographers. Here is an example result of a camera pan with a realistic hand-held feel:
        >> https://vimeo.com/21316143
        >>
        >> Best,
        >> Blochi
        >>

        >> On Nov 19, 2012, at 10:01 AM, Robert C. Fisher <bob@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>> Learning AE is a good thing it comes in handy for all sorts of animation projects.

      • Aldo Hoeben
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
          > Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
          > I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book,
          > specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects
          > experience.

          I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all you need is a pan through a panorama.

          Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.

          Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but not the easiest.
        • Simon Sherwin
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
            Johan I recently started using pano2movie on Mac 10.7.5, found it rather frustrating wondered if something wasn't working.  But having stuck with it and learnt its little ways I'm really happy now.  If can make your interactives images very smooth and film like.
            Here's a sample Bristol Museum - YouTube
          • Johann Victor
            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
              Simon Thanks will try to learn pano2movie software more

              On 20 November 2012 12:59, Simon Sherwin <simon@...> wrote:

              Johan I recently started using pano2movie on Mac 10.7.5, found it rather frustrating wondered if something wasn't working.  But having stuck with it and learnt its little ways I'm really happy now.  If can make your interactives images very smooth and film like.
              Here's a sample Bristol Museum - YouTube

            • giant_klobasa_monster
              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way

                1. download FRAPS and install
                2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to be
                3. put your pano in fullscreen
                4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.

                that is all.
                as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your video will look great.

                that's how i made this
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                  Hi Jeffrey Thank you very much for this information.

                  On 20 November 2012 17:45, giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...> wrote:

                  oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way

                  1. download FRAPS and install
                  2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to be
                  3. put your pano in fullscreen
                  4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.

                  that is all.
                  as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your video will look great.

                  that's how i made this
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

                  > > Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
                  > > I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book,
                  > > specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects
                  > > experience.
                  >
                  > I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all you need is a pan through a panorama.
                  >
                  > Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.
                  >
                  > Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but not the easiest.

                • Mark D. Fink
                  Message 8 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                    Great idea! What if you used Deval VR for your viewer? With his viewer, you
                    can script a path that can be as complicated as you like. It might make for
                    smoother panning and zooming.

                    Mark

                    ------------------------------------

                    --
                  • Roger D Williams
                    Message 9 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                      Impressive... and very nice to see the museum where I spent many happy hours as a boy.

                      Roger W

                      Sent from my iPad

                      On Nov 20, 2012, at 7:59 PM, Simon Sherwin <simon@...> wrote:

                      Johan I recently started using pano2movie on Mac 10.7.5, found it rather frustrating wondered if something wasn't working.  But having stuck with it and learnt its little ways I'm really happy now.  If can make your interactives images very smooth and film like.
                      Here's a sample Bristol Museum - YouTube
                    • AYRTON
                      Message 10 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                        On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM, giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...> wrote:

                        oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way

                        1. download FRAPS and install
                        2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to be
                        3. put your pano in fullscreen
                        4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.

                        that is all.
                        as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your video will look great.

                        Sorry, but that's not great

                        The mouse pointer in the scene is so ugly !!!
                        Not professional at all

                        You can not present this to a client

                        + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                        http://ayrton360.com
                        twitter.com/ayrton360

                        "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

                        that's how i made this
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

                        > > Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
                        > > I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book,
                        > > specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects
                        > > experience.
                        >
                        > I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all you need is a pan through a panorama.
                        >
                        > Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.
                        >
                        > Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but not the easiest.

                        <*> Your email settings:
                            Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                            (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:
                            PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • Bjørn K Nilssen
                        Message 11 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
                          On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:23:39 +0100, Johann <corswors@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Guys.
                          >
                          > There is not much information upon how to convert 360 panorama,s to
                          > video. Well at least i could only find pano2movie --
                          > http://www.pano2movie.com/
                          >
                          > Does anyone know of other software or advise i could use to store pano,s
                          > to vido format ex: AVI or MPEG so that i could store it on a DVD to be
                          > played and displayed on DVD player and LCD TV

                          You could also use most 3D programs, wrapping your pano on a sphere around
                          your camera.
                          I've used Lightwave, but Blender is free.

                        • giant_klobasa_monster
                          Message 12 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
                            oh right.

                            so you could use a script, as mark fink says, or you could hide your mouse in the corner, and control the pano with your keyboard.

                            > On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM, giant_klobasa_monster
                            > <panoramas@...>wrote:
                            >

                            > > oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way
                            > >
                            > > 1. download FRAPS and install
                            > > 2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to
                            > > be
                            > > 3. put your pano in fullscreen
                            > > 4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.
                            > >
                            > > that is all.
                            > > as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your
                            > > video will look great.
                            > >

                            > Sorry, but that's not great
                            >
                            > The mouse pointer in the scene is so ugly !!!
                            > Not professional at all
                            >
                            > You can not present this to a client

                            > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                            > http://ayrton360.com
                            > twitter.com/ayrton360
                            >
                            > *"It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."*
                            >

                            > > that's how i made this
                            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

                            > > > I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After
                            > > Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all
                            > > you need is a pan through a panorama.
                            > > >
                            > > > Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.
                            > > >
                            > > > Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your
                            > > stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the
                            > > sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but
                            > > not the easiest.
                            > > >

                            > > ------------------------------------
                            > >
                            > > --

                          • Bruno Postle
                            Message 13 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012

                              There are some notes I wrote on the wiki for doing this in Blender:
                              http://wiki.panotools.org/Animating_panoramas_in_Blender

                              ..and an example video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW2PgGDAGw

                              --
                              Bruno
                            • Johann Victor
                              Message 14 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
                                Thank you very Much Bruno Will try out your Tutorial

                                On 21 November 2012 20:55, Bruno Postle <bruno@...> wrote:

                                On Wed 21-Nov-2012 at 10:58 +0100, Bjørn K Nilssen wrote:
                                >On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:23:39 +0100, Johann <corswors@...> wrote:
                                >
                                >> Does anyone know of other software or advise i could use to store pano,s
                                >> to vido format ex: AVI or MPEG so that i could store it on a DVD to be
                                >> played and displayed on DVD player and LCD TV
                                >
                                >You could also use most 3D programs, wrapping your pano on a sphere around
                                >your camera.
                                >I've used Lightwave, but Blender is free.

                                There are some notes I wrote on the wiki for doing this in Blender:
                                http://wiki.panotools.org/Animating_panoramas_in_Blender

                                ..and an example video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW2PgGDAGw

                                --
                                Bruno

                              • panovrx
                                Message 15 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
                                  Has anyone tried a hardware 1080p capture device? .. now you can get them for as little as $120
                                  http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-Game-Capture-HD-PRO/dp/B008YTAGGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353534469&sr=8-1&keywords=Roxio+Game+Capture+HD+PRO

                                  You would need two computers. One where you have your panorama which you are navigating (a 3dConnexion device or joystick would make this smoother) and another computer with the capture device.

                                  You could do voice over commentary at the same time I think if you wanted

                                  PeterM