Re: Panorama to Video

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 19, 2012
      Have a go with this 30day trial ;-)

      http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasia/default.asp

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Johann" <corswors@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys.
      >
      > There is not much information upon how to convert 360 panorama,s to video. Well at least i could only find pano2movie -- http://www.pano2movie.com/
      >
      > Does anyone know of other software or advise i could use to store pano,s to vido format ex: AVI or MPEG so that i could store it on a DVD to be played and displayed on DVD player and LCD TV
      >
      > Kind Regards
      >
      > Johann
      > http://www.virtualtours360.co.za

    • Johann Victor
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 19, 2012
        Hi Guys Thanks for all the input and feedback

        Andrew the software you suggested the you actually use a stitched panorama image and converted it to a video or did you use the panorama flash file and converted it to video ?.

        On 19 November 2012 20:53, Andrew <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

        Have a go with this 30day trial ;-)

        http://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasia/default.asp

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Johann" <corswors@...> wrote:

        > Hi Guys.
        >
        > There is not much information upon how to convert 360 panorama,s to video. Well at least i could only find pano2movie -- http://www.pano2movie.com/
        >
        > Does anyone know of other software or advise i could use to store pano,s to vido format ex: AVI or MPEG so that i could store it on a DVD to be played and displayed on DVD player and LCD TV
        >
        > Kind Regards
        >
        > Johann
        > http://www.virtualtours360.co.za

      • Robert C. Fisher
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 19, 2012
          This was 4-5 years ago Ian and the other issue I had was I could not pan beyond the image boundary, the place where the right and left edge of the pano meet. I could never get tilts to happen where I wanted them and some of the keyframes were difficult. For a simple thing it worked well but beyond that it wouldn't cooperate.

          Maybe I should update the app and then try it again Ian. I don't even know what version I have.

          On Nov 19, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Ian Wood wrote:

          On 19 Nov 2012, at 18:01, Robert C. Fisher wrote:

          becomes difficult if you want a precision move

          View > Table View lets you enter pan/tilt/fov to a hundredth of a degree and time to a hundredth of a second for each keyframe.

          Ian

          Cheers
          Robert C. Fisher
          VR Photography / Cinematography
          Facebook - Robert C. Fisher

        • Johann Victor
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 19, 2012
            Hi Ian.

            I find your program difficult i don't even know how to import a image to your program to convert to video.

            Do you have any how to forums ?

            Johann

            On 19 November 2012 20:32, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:

            On 19 Nov 2012, at 18:01, Robert C. Fisher wrote:

            becomes difficult if you want a precision move

            View > Table View lets you enter pan/tilt/fov to a hundredth of a degree and time to a hundredth of a second for each keyframe.

            Ian

          • Ian Wood
            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 19, 2012
              On 19 Nov 2012, at 19:17, Johann Victor wrote:

              I find your program difficult i don't even know how to import a image to your program to convert to video.

              At the moment it only takes QTVR panoramas, an update to take equirectangular images directly is in the works but is strictly a 'spare time' project.

              Ian
            • Christian Bloch
              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 19, 2012
                Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
                I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book, specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects experience. Field-tested on real-life photographers. Here is an example result of a camera pan with a realistic hand-held feel:

                Best,
                Blochi

                On Nov 19, 2012, at 10:01 AM, Robert C. Fisher <bob@...> wrote:

                Learning AE is a good thing it comes in handy for all sorts of animation projects.

              • panovrx
                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 19, 2012
                  Element 3d for After Effects
                  https://www.videocopilot.net/products/element/
                  can be used too. You can load equi 360s directly as skyboxes and animate the camera how you want

                  PeterM

                    Message 9 of 29 , Nov 19, 2012
                      It's right here:

                      Still tweaking a few things on the site, but there is already a big interactive table of content. The book itself is getting printed right now, the latest estimate is that it arrives at the Amazon warehouse on Dec. 20.

                      Cheers,
                      Christian

                          Message 12 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012

                            On Nov 19, 2012, at 10:49 PM, Johann Victor <corswors@...> wrote:

                            Christian witch book explains this topic we chating about and in which chapter ?

                            It's called the HDRI Handbook 2.0 and this particular topic is part of chapter 6.7

                            -Christian

                          • Roger D Williams
                            Message 13 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                              Very nice! What gives it away as a simulated pan is the lack of parallax between the hanging shrine rope and the background.

                              Roger W

                              Sent from my iPad

                              On Nov 20, 2012, at 1:17 PM, "panovrx" <mediavr@...> wrote:

                              > Element 3d for After Effects
                              > https://www.videocopilot.net/products/element/
                              > can be used too. You can load equi 360s directly as skyboxes and animate the camera how you want
                              >
                              > PeterM
                              >

                              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Christian Bloch <Blochi@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >> Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
                              >> I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book, specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects experience. Field-tested on real-life photographers. Here is an example result of a camera pan with a realistic hand-held feel:
                              >> https://vimeo.com/21316143
                              >>
                              >> Best,
                              >> Blochi
                              >>

                              >> On Nov 19, 2012, at 10:01 AM, Robert C. Fisher <bob@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >>> Learning AE is a good thing it comes in handy for all sorts of animation projects.

                            • Aldo Hoeben
                              Message 14 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                                > Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
                                > I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book,
                                > specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects
                                > experience.

                                I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all you need is a pan through a panorama.

                                Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.

                                Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but not the easiest.
                              • Simon Sherwin
                                Message 15 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                                  Johan I recently started using pano2movie on Mac 10.7.5, found it rather frustrating wondered if something wasn't working.  But having stuck with it and learnt its little ways I'm really happy now.  If can make your interactives images very smooth and film like.
                                  Here's a sample Bristol Museum - YouTube
                                • Johann Victor
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                                    Simon Thanks will try to learn pano2movie software more

                                    On 20 November 2012 12:59, Simon Sherwin <simon@...> wrote:

                                    Johan I recently started using pano2movie on Mac 10.7.5, found it rather frustrating wondered if something wasn't working.  But having stuck with it and learnt its little ways I'm really happy now.  If can make your interactives images very smooth and film like.
                                    Here's a sample Bristol Museum - YouTube

                                  • giant_klobasa_monster
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                                      oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way

                                      1. download FRAPS and install
                                      2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to be
                                      3. put your pano in fullscreen
                                      4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.

                                      that is all.
                                      as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your video will look great.

                                      that's how i made this
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

                                      Message 18 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                                        Hi Jeffrey Thank you very much for this information.

                                        On 20 November 2012 17:45, giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...> wrote:

                                        oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way

                                        1. download FRAPS and install
                                        2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to be
                                        3. put your pano in fullscreen
                                        4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.

                                        that is all.
                                        as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your video will look great.

                                        that's how i made this
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

                                        > > Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
                                        > > I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book,
                                        > > specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects
                                        > > experience.
                                        >
                                        > I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all you need is a pan through a panorama.
                                        >
                                        > Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.
                                        >
                                        > Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but not the easiest.

                                      • Mark D. Fink
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                                          Great idea! What if you used Deval VR for your viewer? With his viewer, you
                                          can script a path that can be as complicated as you like. It might make for
                                          smoother panning and zooming.

                                          Mark

                                          ------------------------------------

                                          --
                                        • Roger D Williams
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                                            Impressive... and very nice to see the museum where I spent many happy hours as a boy.

                                            Roger W

                                            Sent from my iPad

                                            On Nov 20, 2012, at 7:59 PM, Simon Sherwin <simon@...> wrote:

                                            Johan I recently started using pano2movie on Mac 10.7.5, found it rather frustrating wondered if something wasn't working.  But having stuck with it and learnt its little ways I'm really happy now.  If can make your interactives images very smooth and film like.
                                            Here's a sample Bristol Museum - YouTube
                                          • AYRTON
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Nov 20, 2012
                                              On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM, giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...> wrote:

                                              oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way

                                              1. download FRAPS and install
                                              2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to be
                                              3. put your pano in fullscreen
                                              4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.

                                              that is all.
                                              as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your video will look great.

                                              Sorry, but that's not great

                                              The mouse pointer in the scene is so ugly !!!
                                              Not professional at all

                                              You can not present this to a client

                                              + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                              http://ayrton360.com
                                              twitter.com/ayrton360

                                              "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

                                              that's how i made this
                                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

                                              > > Agree. After Effects + Horizon is the way to go.
                                              > > I have a tutorial on exactly that workflow in my new book,
                                              > > specifically tailored for photographers without prior After Effects
                                              > > experience.
                                              >
                                              > I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all you need is a pan through a panorama.
                                              >
                                              > Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.
                                              >
                                              > Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but not the easiest.

                                              <*> Your email settings:
                                                  Individual Email | Traditional

                                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                                  (Yahoo! ID required)

                                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                                  PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                            • Bjørn K Nilssen
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
                                                On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:23:39 +0100, Johann <corswors@...> wrote:

                                                > Hi Guys.
                                                >
                                                > There is not much information upon how to convert 360 panorama,s to
                                                > video. Well at least i could only find pano2movie --
                                                > http://www.pano2movie.com/
                                                >
                                                > Does anyone know of other software or advise i could use to store pano,s
                                                > to vido format ex: AVI or MPEG so that i could store it on a DVD to be
                                                > played and displayed on DVD player and LCD TV

                                                You could also use most 3D programs, wrapping your pano on a sphere around
                                                your camera.
                                                I've used Lightwave, but Blender is free.

                                              • giant_klobasa_monster
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
                                                  oh right.

                                                  so you could use a script, as mark fink says, or you could hide your mouse in the corner, and control the pano with your keyboard.

                                                  > On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM, giant_klobasa_monster
                                                  > <panoramas@...>wrote:
                                                  >

                                                  > > oh come on people, this is all so complicated. how about an EASY way
                                                  > >
                                                  > > 1. download FRAPS and install
                                                  > > 2. change your screen resolution to the resolution you want your video to
                                                  > > be
                                                  > > 3. put your pano in fullscreen
                                                  > > 4. start screen capture. pan around however you want.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > that is all.
                                                  > > as long as your pano is smooth (preferably hardware accelerated) then your
                                                  > > video will look great.
                                                  > >

                                                  > Sorry, but that's not great
                                                  >
                                                  > The mouse pointer in the scene is so ugly !!!
                                                  > Not professional at all
                                                  >
                                                  > You can not present this to a client

                                                  > + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
                                                  > http://ayrton360.com
                                                  > twitter.com/ayrton360
                                                  >
                                                  > *"It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."*
                                                  >

                                                  > > that's how i made this
                                                  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y5uhmZMTII&feature=related

                                                  > > > I would not call $999 (or $20 per month for a one year plan) for After
                                                  > > Effects plus $99 for Trapcode Horizon "tailored for photographers" if all
                                                  > > you need is a pan through a panorama.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Do try Pano2Movie; it is nice for what it does.
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Another alternative is using a 3d animation package and wrapping your
                                                  > > stitched panorama to a sphere. Put a camera exactly in the center of the
                                                  > > sphere and rotate the camera. Blender (http://blender.org) is free, but
                                                  > > not the easiest.
                                                  > > >

                                                  > > ------------------------------------
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --

                                                • Bruno Postle
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012

                                                    There are some notes I wrote on the wiki for doing this in Blender:
                                                    http://wiki.panotools.org/Animating_panoramas_in_Blender

                                                    ..and an example video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRW2PgGDAGw

                                                    --
                                                    Bruno
                                                  • Johann Victor
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
                                                      Thank you very Much Bruno Will try out your Tutorial

                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Nov 21, 2012
                                                        Has anyone tried a hardware 1080p capture device? .. now you can get them for as little as $120
                                                        http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-Game-Capture-HD-PRO/dp/B008YTAGGW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353534469&sr=8-1&keywords=Roxio+Game+Capture+HD+PRO

                                                        You would need two computers. One where you have your panorama which you are navigating (a 3dConnexion device or joystick would make this smoother) and another computer with the capture device.

                                                        You could do voice over commentary at the same time I think if you wanted

                                                        PeterM