RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Tilt shift lenses and gigapans/panoramas.

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012

      I really don’t see the benefit of using a TS lens here. Focus wise there’s not much an improvement and maybe it’s even a step back.

      The proper method would be to simply adjust focus with a normal lens and deal with it in stitching, adjusting FOV for sections if absolutely necessary.

      Best Regards,

      Sacha Griffin

      http://www.seeit360.com

      http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

      http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

      IM: sachagriffin007@...

      Office: 404-551-4275

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 17, 2012
        Although it might only be useful in specific situations I think this
        has interesting potential Peter, thanks for sharing it. Focus stacking
        is a real pain to edit when you are photographing people who are
        moving around and concert situations have such low light that dof is a
        significant constraint.
      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 21, 2012
          a good summary of recent TS lens options for DSLRs
          http://www.bjp-online.com/british-journal-of-photography/technical-report/2082054/technical-perspective-tilt-shift-lenses

          PeterM