OT: 100,000 stars

  • afrenyo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 15, 2012
      pretty cool.

      suppossedly for chrome, but it runs nicely in my safari . . . .
      http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/

      -andras
    • Michel Thoby
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2012
        Hi Andras,
        Le 15 nov. 2012 à 19:42, afrenyo a écrit :

        pretty cool.

        suppossedly for chrome, but it runs nicely in my safari . . . .
        http://workshop.chromeexperiments.com/stars/

        -andras

        This is probably the nicest find that I have viewed in years. Thank you!

        BTW It does not (interactively) run on Safari 5.1.7 which AFAIK is the latest stable version supported by the venerable Snow Leopard. This browser version is not WebGL implemented, yet an excellent and instructive (non-interactive) "100000 stars" movie automatically cleverly takes over on this crippled configuration.

        Michel
      • Ian Wood
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2012
          On 16 Nov 2012, at 09:16, Michel Thoby wrote:

          BTW It does not (interactively) run on Safari 5.1.7 which AFAIK is the latest stable version supported by the venerable Snow Leopard. This browser version is not WebGL implemented, yet an excellent and instructive (non-interactive) "100000 stars" movie automatically cleverly takes over on this crippled configuration.

          I'm getting interactivity in Safari 5.1.1, make sure you skip the intro movie.

          Agreed on it being absolutely lovely.

          Ian