Re: Experiment: pano in pano in pano

  • Toni Garbasso
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
      mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
      but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
      Toni
      PS.
      In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

      > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
      > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
      >
      > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
      >
      > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
      > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
      > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
      >
      > Anybody think of something else?
      >
      > Blochi
      >

      > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
      > >
      > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
      > >
      > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
      > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
      > >
      > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
      > >
      > > Enjoy:
      > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
      > >
      > > Toni

    • Toni Garbasso
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
        mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
        but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
        Toni
        PS.
        In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

        > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
        > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
        >
        > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
        >
        > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
        > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
        > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
        >
        > Anybody think of something else?
        >
        > Blochi
        >

        > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
        > >
        > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
        > >
        > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
        > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
        > >
        > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
        > >
        > > Enjoy:
        > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
        > >
        > > Toni

      • Toni Garbasso