Re: [PanoToolsNG] Experiment: pano in pano in pano

  • Alex Spielberg
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
      Fantastic!
      Thank you.
      On 11/4/2012 9:46 AM, Toni Garbasso wrote:

      Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.

      First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.

      But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
      Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.

      But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!

      Enjoy:
      http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

      Toni

    • Toni Garbasso
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
        mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
        but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
        Toni
        PS.
        In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

        > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
        > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
        >
        > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
        >
        > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
        > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
        > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
        >
        > Anybody think of something else?
        >
        > Blochi
        >

        > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
        > >
        > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
        > >
        > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
        > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
        > >
        > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
        > >
        > > Enjoy:
        > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
        > >
        > > Toni

      • Toni Garbasso
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
          mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
          but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
          Toni
          PS.
          In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

          > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
          > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
          >
          > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
          >
          > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
          > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
          > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
          >
          > Anybody think of something else?
          >
          > Blochi
          >

          > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
          > >
          > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
          > >
          > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
          > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
          > >
          > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
          > >
          > > Enjoy:
          > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
          > >
          > > Toni

        • Toni Garbasso