Re: [PanoToolsNG] Experiment: pano in pano in pano

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
      That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
      As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.

      Now what could be the real-world applications for this?

      - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
      - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
      - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.

      Anybody think of something else?

      Blochi

      On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:

      Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.

      First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.

      But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
      Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.

      But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!

      Enjoy:
      http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

      Toni

    • Alex Spielberg

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
          mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
          but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
          Toni
          PS.
          In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

          > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
          > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
          >
          > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
          >
          > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
          > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
          > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
          >
          > Anybody think of something else?
          >
          > Blochi
          >

          > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
          > >
          > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
          > >
          > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
          > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
          > >
          > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
          > >
          > > Enjoy:
          > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
          > >
          > > Toni

        • Toni Garbasso
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
            mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
            but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
            Toni
            PS.
            In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

            > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
            > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
            >
            > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
            >
            > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
            > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
            > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
            >
            > Anybody think of something else?
            >
            > Blochi
            >

            > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
            > >
            > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
            > >
            > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
            > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
            > >
            > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
            > >
            > > Enjoy:
            > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
            > >
            > > Toni

          • Toni Garbasso