Re: Experiment: pano in pano in pano

  • Toni Garbasso
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
      Thanks John,
      but this is my contribution to the anti-facebookery posts:
      I share on this list my tests/experiments/games, and not on Facebook ;-)

      Toni

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

      > Magic, Toni - well worth the wait to load it all.
      > An inspirational fusion of 3d modelling and pano photography & an excellent antidote to all the earlier pointless anti-facebookery.
      > Keep up the good work!
      > JL

    • Christian Bloch
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
        That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
        As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.

        Now what could be the real-world applications for this?

        - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
        - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
        - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.

        Anybody think of something else?

        Blochi

        On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:

        Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.

        First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.

        But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
        Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.

        But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!

        Enjoy:
        http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

        Toni

      • Alex Spielberg

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
            mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
            but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
            Toni
            PS.
            In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

            > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
            > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
            >
            > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
            >
            > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
            > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
            > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
            >
            > Anybody think of something else?
            >
            > Blochi
            >

            > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
            > >
            > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
            > >
            > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
            > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
            > >
            > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
            > >
            > > Enjoy:
            > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
            > >
            > > Toni

          • Toni Garbasso
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
              mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
              but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
              Toni
              PS.
              In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

              > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
              > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
              >
              > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
              >
              > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
              > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
              > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
              >
              > Anybody think of something else?
              >
              > Blochi
              >

              > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
              > >
              > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
              > >
              > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
              > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
              > >
              > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
              > >
              > > Enjoy:
              > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
              > >
              > > Toni

            • Toni Garbasso