Re: Experiment: pano in pano in pano

  • john law
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
      Magic, Toni - well worth the wait to load it all.
      An inspirational fusion of 3d modelling and pano photography & an excellent antidote to all the earlier pointless anti-facebookery.
      Keep up the good work!
      JL

    • Toni Garbasso
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
        Thanks John,
        but this is my contribution to the anti-facebookery posts:
        I share on this list my tests/experiments/games, and not on Facebook ;-)

        Toni

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

        > Magic, Toni - well worth the wait to load it all.
        > An inspirational fusion of 3d modelling and pano photography & an excellent antidote to all the earlier pointless anti-facebookery.
        > Keep up the good work!
        > JL

      • Christian Bloch
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
          That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
          As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.

          Now what could be the real-world applications for this?

          - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
          - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
          - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.

          Anybody think of something else?

          Blochi

          On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:

          Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.

          First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.

          But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
          Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.

          But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!

          Enjoy:
          http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

          Toni

        • Alex Spielberg

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
              mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
              but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
              Toni
              PS.
              In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

              > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
              > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
              >
              > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
              >
              > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
              > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
              > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
              >
              > Anybody think of something else?
              >
              > Blochi
              >

              > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
              > >
              > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
              > >
              > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
              > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
              > >
              > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
              > >
              > > Enjoy:
              > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
              > >
              > > Toni

            • Toni Garbasso
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
                but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
                Toni
                PS.
                In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

                > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
                > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
                >
                > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
                >
                > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
                > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
                > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
                >
                > Anybody think of something else?
                >
                > Blochi
                >

                > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
                > >
                > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
                > >
                > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
                > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
                > >
                > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
                > >
                > > Enjoy:
                > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
                > >
                > > Toni

              • Toni Garbasso