Re: Experiment: pano in pano in pano

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
      Am 04.11.2012 15:46, schrieb Toni Garbasso:
      > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not
      > still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related
      > pano...but enough to share it!
      >
      > Enjoy: http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

      Incredible! Thomas is a wizard, and you the sorcerer's apprentice ;-)

    • john law
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
        Magic, Toni - well worth the wait to load it all.
        An inspirational fusion of 3d modelling and pano photography & an excellent antidote to all the earlier pointless anti-facebookery.
        Keep up the good work!
        JL

      • Toni Garbasso
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
          Thanks John,
          but this is my contribution to the anti-facebookery posts:
          I share on this list my tests/experiments/games, and not on Facebook ;-)

          Toni

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

          > Magic, Toni - well worth the wait to load it all.
          > An inspirational fusion of 3d modelling and pano photography & an excellent antidote to all the earlier pointless anti-facebookery.
          > Keep up the good work!
          > JL

        • Christian Bloch
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
            That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
            As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.

            Now what could be the real-world applications for this?

            - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
            - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
            - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.

            Anybody think of something else?

            Blochi

            On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:

            Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.

            First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.

            But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
            Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.

            But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!

            Enjoy:
            http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

            Toni

          • Alex Spielberg

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
                but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
                Toni
                PS.
                In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

                > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
                > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
                >
                > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
                >
                > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
                > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
                > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
                >
                > Anybody think of something else?
                >
                > Blochi
                >

                > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
                > >
                > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
                > >
                > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
                > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
                > >
                > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
                > >
                > > Enjoy:
                > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
                > >
                > > Toni

              • Toni Garbasso
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                  mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
                  but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
                  Toni
                  PS.
                  In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

                  > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
                  > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
                  >
                  > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
                  >
                  > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
                  > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
                  > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
                  >
                  > Anybody think of something else?
                  >
                  > Blochi
                  >

                  > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
                  > >
                  > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
                  > >
                  > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
                  > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
                  > >
                  > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
                  > >
                  > > Enjoy:
                  > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
                  > >
                  > > Toni

                • Toni Garbasso