Experiment: pano in pano in pano

  • Toni Garbasso
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
      Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.

      First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.

      But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
      Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.

      But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!

      Enjoy:
      http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

      Toni
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
        Am 04.11.2012 15:46, schrieb Toni Garbasso:
        > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not
        > still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related
        > pano...but enough to share it!
        >
        > Enjoy: http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/

        Incredible! Thomas is a wizard, and you the sorcerer's apprentice ;-)

      • john law
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
          Magic, Toni - well worth the wait to load it all.
          An inspirational fusion of 3d modelling and pano photography & an excellent antidote to all the earlier pointless anti-facebookery.
          Keep up the good work!
          JL

        • Toni Garbasso
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
            Thanks John,
            but this is my contribution to the anti-facebookery posts:
            I share on this list my tests/experiments/games, and not on Facebook ;-)

            Toni

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, john law <mail@...> wrote:

            > Magic, Toni - well worth the wait to load it all.
            > An inspirational fusion of 3d modelling and pano photography & an excellent antidote to all the earlier pointless anti-facebookery.
            > Keep up the good work!
            > JL

          • Christian Bloch
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
              That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
              As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.

              Now what could be the real-world applications for this?

              - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
              - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
              - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.

              Anybody think of something else?

              Blochi

[...]

            • Alex Spielberg

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                  mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
                  but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
                  Toni
                  PS.
                  In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

                  > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
                  > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
                  >
                  > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
                  >
                  > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
                  > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
                  > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
                  >
                  > Anybody think of something else?
                  >
                  > Blochi
                  >

                  > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
                  > >
                  > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
                  > >
                  > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
                  > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
                  > >
                  > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
                  > >
                  > > Enjoy:
                  > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
                  > >
                  > > Toni

                • Toni Garbasso
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                    mmm, just objects could be a real-word application, yes mainly for museums...
                    but it's not easy at all to shoot good photos for a natural rendering and turning of the objects...especially a statue in a museum ...
                    Toni
                    PS.
                    In the fantasy world, you can think at a lot of creative uses ;-)

                    > That's pretty amazing, especially the 3rd level pano reminds me of "Inception".
                    > As far as a tech demo can go, I would say this was fully successful.
                    >
                    > Now what could be the real-world applications for this?
                    >
                    > - Embedding the VR object movie of a statue in a Museum panorama. (your bellow camera shows that this is possible).
                    > - Making a VR game where the player has to align the scattered fragments of reality.
                    > - Making a "Home Configurator" where you're standing in the central corridor and can swap out the rooms around you.
                    >
                    > Anybody think of something else?
                    >
                    > Blochi
                    >

                    > On Nov 4, 2012, at 6:46 AM, Toni Garbasso <list@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Playing with Pano2VR version 4(beta) I was surprise to see that's possible to insert a panorama in the main panorama. The trick is easy (just add a hotspot and tight the inside-pano in the Pano2VR skin), but is quite difficult to set the proper dimensions and position.
                    > >
                    > > First limitation is that if I go fullscreen with main pano, the inside pano changes size and proportions. And this happens also if I resize the main-pano.
                    > >
                    > > But nice is that a lot of interactivity is correctly passed through the pano-levels.
                    > > Ehm, obviously does not work on mobile devices, needs flash, and you have to wait until all the 19mb are loaded.
                    > >
                    > > But at least you'll find a panorama in a panorama in a panorama! Not still perfectly working yet, as it goes outside the related pano...but enough to share it!
                    > >
                    > > Enjoy:
                    > > http://www.studioargento.com/immersiva/vrlab/panoinpano/
                    > >
                    > > Toni

                  • Toni Garbasso