Making a stereo panorama from a circular sweep movie

  • Roger D Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      I will shortly be getting the first prototypes of a camera rotator and Intervalometer for beta testing. I have been promised two, one for rotation in the horizontal plane and a second for the vertical plane. The intention is to use them for programmed exposure sequences to produce 360 x 180 degree VR panoramas from lenses with different focal lengths. Some of this will be quite new for me as I've always shot single rows, usually with fisheye lenses, up till now. If all goes smoothly I may work my way up to panoramas with MANY more pixels than I usually get, although I refuse to chase the gigapixel lure.

      I am also interested in the possibility of creating a stereo panorama from a DSLR movie sequence sweeping through 360 degrees. I need software that will create thin vertical strips from the images on the LH and RH sides of the video sequence and then stitch them into complete panoramas--a stereo pair of them. Can anyone suggest suitable programs? (PC not MAC).

      I also have a Fujifilm 3D W3 stereo camera, and could easily produce a video "sweep" that would already consist of a stereo pair of fully synced sequences, but the resolution of its HD video mode is not as good as the NI 1080 HD of my Pentax K-01. Would appreciate any thoughts on whether this might be a better approach (preferably from those who have actually tried it).

      Roger W

      Sent from my iPad