Mobile alternate website was Re: Curse you, Facebook!

  • Kathy Wheeler
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2012
      On 11/04/2012, at 3:32 AM, Christian Bloch wrote:
      > See, I was so happy when IE6 finally died. That meant it's one alternative page less to maintain. But now you gotta have an alternative "mobile" page, plus Facebook and Twitter… It all adds up to more work.

      Christian, google "mobile responsive websites" and see if you can make your main website conform. It's not *that* hard (mainly a logical flow to the content and good CSS) and it would alleviate having to maintain "alternative" mobile pages. If you're using WordPress as your CMS, there are already mobile responsive themes, you just need to find one that suits you and your work.

      An idea I've been "meaning" to pursue (but haven't got around to it yet) is using my own (domain) website as my primary content website and a facebook page as the blog component of it ... one day ...

      KathyW.
    • Sam Rohn
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2012
        easiest way to build a responsive website or convert an exiting site is to use an existing responsive framework, doing it yourself from scratch would be very time consuming, see this article for a comparison of a few of the more popular responsive frameworks

        http://vermilion.com/news/articles/2012/10/22/comparing-responsive-css-frameworks-bootstrap-foundation-and-skeleton

        more here, google "responsive framework" for more info and options

        http://designshack.net/articles/css/which-is-right-for-me-22-responsive-css-frameworks-and-boilerplates-explained/

        i'm liking bootstrap (a lot) at the moment, but any one of these should get you up so speed in a matter of days, just find one that looks right and feels comfortable to mod

        sam

        - - - - -
        Sam Rohn :: New York City
        Panoramic Photography :: http://www.samrohn.com