Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Curse you, Facebook!

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 1, 2012

      On Nov 1, 2012, at 12:13 PM, luca vascon wrote:

      Can't stand being in front of a computer the whole day.

      Still feel embarassed when someone calls me on mobile while I'm talking to someone else. And I do not reply.
      When I talk to someone who is replying sms, chatting on FB and replying calls I feel being somehow humiliated.
      I've got friends to see, laundry to do, etc. etc. etc.
      I reply to personal mails once every 1 or 2 days.
      I'm 38 and sometimes feel like 80. Want a nuclear satellite to explode and kick all us back in the seventies. Just like Weinders' Till The End of The World.
      All people you mentioned are people who I'm honoured to call friends. I know quite all of them by live flesh and bones.

      But when the men in black will come for me, they will have no info , no ip adress. I will flee in the woods, I'll resist free.
      MMMMMMMMMhuaghuahuahuahauhauhauhauahuahuahuahu!!!! 8-D
      I fear that brave new world there outside. Everyday I get up I'm more deep into an Orwell distopia. I'm not the Neuromancer, I cannot set anything or anybody free, but maybe myself. I'll not take a look in FB, I fear it can take a look in me. I retired in an island, south lagoon. I trashed radio, TV etc. I still work with internet but I'm happy others can do it.
      If everybody flies away from here, I'll be the one to turn off the lights and tidy disappear in darkness.
      ;-)

      I bet you still use film too, don't you? We are on to your game - the black helicopters will be arriving soon!

      John

      John Riley
      4Pi-VR Media Solutions
      http://4pi-vr.com
      johnriley@...
      (h)864-461-3504
      (c)864-431-7075
      (w)864-503-5775
    • Thomas
      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 19, 2012
        My 2 cents is that neither Yahoo, nor FB, nor Google Groups, nor Google+, is an ideal way for a bunch of tekkies to communicate, but all are useful and should be used. My biggest gripe is that they all are bad at archiving and search -- Google a lot less so than Yahoo, naturally, and FB the worst. Posting something on FB is like throwing it out the window, but onto a very busy and interesting street. I feel you rally get your 15 minutes of fame there, but no historical presence.

        As for evilness, that is ever present everywhere. But it will only damage your health if you spend too much emotional energy fretting about it. We can always take our chats elsewhere when it gets too bad here. The monopolists don't give a hoot about pano chatter so in that area we and they are mutually disposable.

        Peace.