Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Curse you, Facebook!

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 36 , Oct 30, 2012
      I am not interested in Facebook.

      On 10/30/2012 10:32 AM, AYRTON wrote:
      > Hi Luca
      > Hi Ken
      >
      > you both can get to Facebook WITHOUT gibing ANY personnal infos at all !!!!
      >
      > Who told you , you need to inform your life there
      >
      > You can ONLY read the PANORAMIC Group if you want
      >
      > It's completely up to you
      >
      > I thonk you have a not clear info of it at all
      >

      > Just sign with ANOTHER name
      > Another Age
      > Another Country
      > Another anything you want
      >
      > They don't care about you or me
      >
      > You don't need to post any real info
      > Not even photos
      >
      > You can have a profile free of photos, free of telephone number, free of
      > address
      >
      > Free of everything
      >
      > BUT
      > if you sign .... You'll meet a LOT of all our friends
      >
      > Everybody is there and it is much more organized than any list whatsoever
      >

      > You have groups for IVRPA
      > For panoramic
      > For HDR panos
      > For iOS projects
      > For Little Planets
      >
      > For Videos 360
      >
      > For softwares
      >
      > For everything that you want to
      >
      > Just name something, go there and search
      > you will be amazed by the quantity of infos
      >

      > I, and Sam Rohn, and Carlos Chegado, and Erik, Krause, and Hans Nyberg, and
      > Don Bain, and Greg Downing, and Jeffrey Martin HUNDREDS of others are there
      > waiting for you
      >
      > Pls give it a try
      >
      > Doesn't hurt
      >

      > Cheers from RIO
      >

      > On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 2:43 PM, luca vascon<luca.vascon@...> wrote:
      >

      >> When I'll be on facebook I will not even have my name.
      >>
      >> 2012/10/30 Ken Warner<kwarner000@...>
      >>
      >>> The only way Facebook will ever be a money maker is to sell ads targeted
      >>> directly to people who were stupid enough to give detailed information
      >>> about themselves. That's been their plan since they started thinking about
      >>> being a publicly listed company.
      >>>
      >>> If you think trading your personal information for the pleasure of
      >>> talking to a bunch of babbling hyenas then you've made the choice to become
      >>> another cog in the great consumer culture.
      >>>
      >>> I'll stick with PanotoolsNG for as long as it lasts...

      >>> http://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramicphotographers/search/?query=mill

      >>> http://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramicphotographers/search/?query=mars

      >>> like to
      >>> has
      >>> What

      >>> ------------------------------------
      >>>
      >>> --
      >>>

      >> --
      >> Luca Vascon.
      >> --
      >> www.lucavascon.net
      >> Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
      >> Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
      >>
      >> www.officinepanottiche.com
      >> www.nuovostudio.it

    • Thomas
      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 19, 2012
        My 2 cents is that neither Yahoo, nor FB, nor Google Groups, nor Google+, is an ideal way for a bunch of tekkies to communicate, but all are useful and should be used. My biggest gripe is that they all are bad at archiving and search -- Google a lot less so than Yahoo, naturally, and FB the worst. Posting something on FB is like throwing it out the window, but onto a very busy and interesting street. I feel you rally get your 15 minutes of fame there, but no historical presence.

        As for evilness, that is ever present everywhere. But it will only damage your health if you spend too much emotional energy fretting about it. We can always take our chats elsewhere when it gets too bad here. The monopolists don't give a hoot about pano chatter so in that area we and they are mutually disposable.

        Peace.