Re: [PanoToolsNG] superfast laptop?

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 25, 2012
      I'd hate to buy a mac if I only could avoid it...
      My reply would be Dell PrecisionM 6600, with a triple inner SSD (one for system, two in raid0) and an nvidia QUADRO board, 32gb ram.
      Otherwise a similar ThinkPad W series.
      You can put an Hackintosh on it, if you just do not want a linux.

      2012/10/15 Jeffrey Martin <panoramas@...>

      i'm looking for a laptop that I can use to stitch gigapixels while on the go, among other things.

      the obvious choice to me is the retina macbook pro with 16GB ram and 768 SSD.

      i would hate to buy a windows laptop if i can possibly avoid it.

      any advice on if the rMBP will be a good choice? worth $4000?

      if we can not have this devolve into a pc/mac flame war, it would be nice to actually look at the issue.

      i know there are a couple windows laptops with 32GB ram but is 16GB ram enough with a 768GB ssd?

      can additional SSD's on RAID 0 be connected to the thunderbolt port to have decent performance while rendering or using photoshop with large files?

      --
      Luca Vascon.

    • luca vascon