Nomad Panohead question (bumping)

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2012
      I asked this on the PanoToolsNG list before and got zero replies. That
      question was almost coincident with the great SPAM Spasm debate the
      Nomad's maker started, so maybe that scared off replies. I assume SOMEONE
      must be buying these heads. I would be using it with an Olympus Pen E-P2
      and Rokinon/Samyang 7.5mm.

      I wanted to ask about folk's experience with the Nomad Panohead
      http://www.thomashuang.net/products/nps75/nps75.html. I have been
      considering purchasing one for a good while, but have hesitated because
      of its detent system. It seems like loosening the screw, turning the
      head, tightening the screw, shooting the photo, repeat... would get in
      the way and perhaps be problematic. What has been your experience with
      this?

      Has anyone tried incorporating a stiff spring, say right under the top of
      the
      screw head, that is strong enough to keep the head together tightly, but
      which would let you "bump, bump, bump" rotate it without fussing with the
      nut? Of course, this might be difficult to make work without the thing
      unscrewing itself.

      John
    • Matthew Rogers

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 13, 2012
          How will the size and pricing compare to the existing models?

          John Riley
          4Pi-VR Media Solutions
          http://4pi-vr.com
          johnriley@...