RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Canon 6D with iOS and Android app

  • Mark Fink
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
      GRIN!

      Again, not a feature that really has any interest to me personally. I'm not
      looking to upload images to my smartphone at full resolution, but the
      ability to control the camera via smartphone, now THAT interests me. I hope
      to be able to spend some quality time with Canon on the 25th at the photo
      expo in NYC and get more information.

      My fallback position on this, if the camera really is too hobbled to be
      useful, is the Promote system:

      <http://www.promotesystems.com/products/Promote-Control.html>

      If I can do all of what it does, but with an Android, (either phone or
      tablet), them I'm leaning heavily towards the 6D.

      On a related note, is there anyone out there using the Magic Lantern
      software on a regular basis? Can it do pretty much everything that the
      Promote or upcoming 6D can? I've only briefly played with it, but found the
      interface, and more importantly, the lack of clear instructions, too murky.
      Maybe I missed the URL with the beginner's guide.

      Mark

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
        Am 08.10.2012 21:45, schrieb Mark Fink:
        > I'm not
        > looking to upload images to my smartphone at full resolution, but the
        > ability to control the camera via smartphone, now THAT interests me

        Did you look at the different Android direct control apps at
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Extended_bracketing_control ?
        Go to "Android apps direct USB control"

      • Mark D. Fink
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 9, 2012
          Shame on me - I should have known to look at our own wiki first. Thanks for
          pointing me there Erik!

          After reading through the various options, I'm really leaning towards the
          Helicon software. I have an Acer W500 which works as either a Win7 notebook
          or tablet, since the keyboard is detachable. That gives me a nice big screen
          in the field and pretty much everything I was looking for regarding focus
          stacking and extended exposure bracketing. Really cool that it can combine
          both together!

          Mark