RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Canon 6D with iOS and Android app

  • Mark Fink
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
      It all depends on what your intended use is. For a sports photographer, this
      is definitely not your camera. For a VR photographer who doesn't really use
      autofocus, but instead uses hyperfocal or even image stacking, then the type
      of autofocus points to me are meaningless.

      How much slower are SD cards vs. CF? I have no experience with SD?

      Mark

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
        "Any images which have resolution, larger than S2(1920x1280), will be resized to S2 JPG and transferred to smartphone."

        BOOO BOOOO BOOO

        HISS

        BOOOO
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

        > Here is a link to Canon Europe, which has much more information on the App:
        >
        > http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos_
        > remote.aspx
        >
        > Mark

      • Mark Fink
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
          GRIN!

          Again, not a feature that really has any interest to me personally. I'm not
          looking to upload images to my smartphone at full resolution, but the
          ability to control the camera via smartphone, now THAT interests me. I hope
          to be able to spend some quality time with Canon on the 25th at the photo
          expo in NYC and get more information.

          My fallback position on this, if the camera really is too hobbled to be
          useful, is the Promote system:

          <http://www.promotesystems.com/products/Promote-Control.html>

          If I can do all of what it does, but with an Android, (either phone or
          tablet), them I'm leaning heavily towards the 6D.

          On a related note, is there anyone out there using the Magic Lantern
          software on a regular basis? Can it do pretty much everything that the
          Promote or upcoming 6D can? I've only briefly played with it, but found the
          interface, and more importantly, the lack of clear instructions, too murky.
          Maybe I missed the URL with the beginner's guide.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
            Am 08.10.2012 21:45, schrieb Mark Fink:
            > I'm not
            > looking to upload images to my smartphone at full resolution, but the
            > ability to control the camera via smartphone, now THAT interests me

            Did you look at the different Android direct control apps at
            http://wiki.panotools.org/Extended_bracketing_control ?
            Go to "Android apps direct USB control"

          • Mark D. Fink
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 9, 2012
              Shame on me - I should have known to look at our own wiki first. Thanks for
              pointing me there Erik!

              After reading through the various options, I'm really leaning towards the
              Helicon software. I have an Acer W500 which works as either a Win7 notebook
              or tablet, since the keyboard is detachable. That gives me a nice big screen
              in the field and pretty much everything I was looking for regarding focus
              stacking and extended exposure bracketing. Really cool that it can combine
              both together!

              Mark