Re: [PanoToolsNG] Multicam Canon DSLR software

  • Luc Villeneuve
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
      Does the developer of this software really need a SDK? Only a few developers has access to all the features of the NEF files. He could develop his product with TIFF files or even JPEG files. Lenticular do not really need the finesse of RAW files.

      On 08 oct. 2012, at 09:05, Matthew Rogers wrote:

      The issue with Nikon software is getting approval for the required SDK. It took 24 hours to be approved by Canon which gives you instant access to the frameworks needed. Three years later and I've still not heard back from Nikon.

      Matt

      On 8 Oct 2012, at 14:01, Ian Wood <panolists@...> wrote:

      You're best off talking to Chris Breeze at Breeze Software.

      Ian

      On 8 Oct 2012, at 06:03, Matthias Taugwalder wrote:

      I get the feeling that such software packages are most of the time just limited to Canon cameras. Did you see by chance any such software for Nikon cameras?

    • Matthew Rogers

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
            Am 08.10.2012 17:44, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
            > I'm talking about the SDK to control the camera

            Doesn't Nikon fully support PTP? I have a pretty old program here
            written in Visual Basic (not by me) which uses Windows WIA library which
            implements PTP. The program was used to shoot multiple brackets on a
            Nikon D70 and transfer them to an attached laptop...

          • Per B.
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
              Hi Mathias

              There is a hardware solution coming from Nikon, which may solve the problem.

              http://nikonrumors.com/2012/09/26/new-nikon-wr-t10-wireless-remote-controller-listed-at-the-fcc.aspx/

              Per