Re: [PanoToolsNG] Multicam Canon DSLR software

  • Matthias Taugwalder
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 7, 2012
      Hi Peter

      These links are very interesting.

      I get the feeling that such software packages are most of the time just limited to Canon cameras. Did you see by chance any such software for Nikon cameras?

      Greetings from Switzerland,

      Matthias

      ---
      Matthias Taugwalder
      matthias.taugwalder@...

      2012/10/6 panovrx <mediavr@...>

      If you are interested in automated 360 multicamera capture from Canon DSLRs this software might be of interest

      http://www.3dmix.com/eng/lpcapture.php
      ... up to 8 cameras in the paid version and unlimited shots
      ... up to 4 cameras in the demo version and 4 shot limit

      Also there is this Sourceforge project
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/multican/?source=directory
      -- camera setting only, not download control

      Or this one
      http://www.breezesys.com/purchase_dslrrempro_mc.htm
      .. which is more expensive (with a lot of cameras) but can handle any number of cameras
      ... at $129 per camera

      PeterM

    • Ian Wood
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
        You're best off talking to Chris Breeze at Breeze Software.

        Ian

        On 8 Oct 2012, at 06:03, Matthias Taugwalder wrote:

        I get the feeling that such software packages are most of the time just limited to Canon cameras. Did you see by chance any such software for Nikon cameras?

      • Matthew Rogers

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
                  Am 08.10.2012 17:44, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
                  > I'm talking about the SDK to control the camera

                  Doesn't Nikon fully support PTP? I have a pretty old program here
                  written in Visual Basic (not by me) which uses Windows WIA library which
                  implements PTP. The program was used to shoot multiple brackets on a
                  Nikon D70 and transfer them to an attached laptop...

                • Per B.
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
                    Hi Mathias

                    There is a hardware solution coming from Nikon, which may solve the problem.

                    http://nikonrumors.com/2012/09/26/new-nikon-wr-t10-wireless-remote-controller-listed-at-the-fcc.aspx/

                    Per