Multicam Canon DSLR software

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 6, 2012
      If you are interested in automated 360 multicamera capture from Canon DSLRs this software might be of interest

      http://www.3dmix.com/eng/lpcapture.php
      ... up to 8 cameras in the paid version and unlimited shots
      ... up to 4 cameras in the demo version and 4 shot limit

      Also there is this Sourceforge project
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/multican/?source=directory
      -- camera setting only, not download control

      Or this one
      http://www.breezesys.com/purchase_dslrrempro_mc.htm
      .. which is more expensive (with a lot of cameras) but can handle any number of cameras
      ... at $129 per camera

      PeterM
    • Matthias Taugwalder
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 7, 2012
        Hi Peter

        These links are very interesting.

        I get the feeling that such software packages are most of the time just limited to Canon cameras. Did you see by chance any such software for Nikon cameras?

        Greetings from Switzerland,

        Matthias

        ---
        Matthias Taugwalder
        matthias.taugwalder@...

        2012/10/6 panovrx <mediavr@...>

        If you are interested in automated 360 multicamera capture from Canon DSLRs this software might be of interest

        http://www.3dmix.com/eng/lpcapture.php
        ... up to 8 cameras in the paid version and unlimited shots
        ... up to 4 cameras in the demo version and 4 shot limit

        Also there is this Sourceforge project
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/multican/?source=directory
        -- camera setting only, not download control

        Or this one
        http://www.breezesys.com/purchase_dslrrempro_mc.htm
        .. which is more expensive (with a lot of cameras) but can handle any number of cameras
        ... at $129 per camera

        PeterM

      • Ian Wood
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
          You're best off talking to Chris Breeze at Breeze Software.

          Ian

          On 8 Oct 2012, at 06:03, Matthias Taugwalder wrote:

          I get the feeling that such software packages are most of the time just limited to Canon cameras. Did you see by chance any such software for Nikon cameras?

        • Matthew Rogers

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
                    Am 08.10.2012 17:44, schrieb Matthew Rogers:
                    > I'm talking about the SDK to control the camera

                    Doesn't Nikon fully support PTP? I have a pretty old program here
                    written in Visual Basic (not by me) which uses Windows WIA library which
                    implements PTP. The program was used to shoot multiple brackets on a
                    Nikon D70 and transfer them to an attached laptop...

                  • Per B.
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 8, 2012
                      Hi Mathias

                      There is a hardware solution coming from Nikon, which may solve the problem.

                      http://nikonrumors.com/2012/09/26/new-nikon-wr-t10-wireless-remote-controller-listed-at-the-fcc.aspx/

                      Per