RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Streetview "web app"

  • Yazan Sboul
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012

      Yes I noticed that, and the only way I could view it was to copy the link from a streetview on my computer and email it to my mobile. The I can open the link and view a the awful warped content.

      I am guessing they are working on it, streetview is pretty important to google at the moment they just finished shooting in Athens and apart from Germany they will probably continue to pano the world relentlessly - they've got the bug who here can blame them! :)

      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      From: panokaemena@...
      Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 12:22:30 +0200
      Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Streetview "web app"

      Yes I  tested it yesterday and  noted it also !   hope they can still do something... but better distorted than nothing ...

      Willy

      On Oct 5, 2012, at 12:14, Aldo Hoeben wrote:

      Ah... I was assuming this was common knowledge here.

      Yes, the Maps app pre-iOS 6 had a very nice Google Streetview implementation, though hard to find. But this is no longer available in iOS 6; the button that would lead you to the streetview of a dropped pin now leads you to turn-based navigation.

      There's a third-party app in the appstore (Live Street View, or something like that) that will get you "proper" streetview on iOS 6. And thursday google added streetview to their mobile version (in a way that is almost as well-hidden as the iOS5 app version).

      Anyway, the point of my email was to open a discussion about the fact that nobody seems to notice that the new streetview "webapp" does not transform the panoramic image, or that nobody seems to care.

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012

        > Ah... I was assuming this was common knowledge here.
        >
        > Yes, the Maps app pre-iOS 6 had a very nice Google Streetview implementation, though hard to find. But this is no longer available in iOS 6; the button that would lead you to the streetview of a dropped pin now leads you to turn-based navigation.
        >
        > There's a third-party app in the appstore (Live Street View, or something like that) that will get you "proper" streetview on iOS 6. And thursday google added streetview to their mobile version (in a way that is almost as well-hidden as the iOS5 app version).

        Tried it but it is useless as the search function does not work on the map but only takes you to a streetview.