Re: [PanoToolsNG] RECOMMENDATION for photographing a unique pano request

  • Henrik
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2012

      ARE YOU DOING A MONTAGE - IS IT THE SAME ROOM?

      WHY ARE YOU LIMITED TO SHOOT 6 FEET? ARE YOU LOOKING AT GOING PARALEL ALONG A WALL? IF SO YOU WILL NEED MUCH SMALLER INCREMENTS

      NEED MORE INFO

      Henrik Tived

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2012
        Nah, that won't work. You won't have the distance to pull off an orthaganol properly. Even with distance I've seen very few error free ones. Just shoot it at  the focal length you need at the dpi you need to print at and resolution. Use a calculator. For the image itself, test various projections.

        Sacha Griffin
        Office: 404-551-4275

        On Oct 4, 2012, at 10:06 PM, R W <yarwall@...> wrote:

        I have been asked to photograph an operating room to create an 8' high x 24' long fabric curtain for display purposes. While comfortable doing panoramas, from the vendor example it looks to be photographed in 6 foot sections and merged to have a perfectly straight level top and bottom line.

        Any recommendations on the best technique to photograph the scene and use PTGui or Photoshop to create the monster image. My thought is to keep parallel to the wall and reposition the tripod every 6 feet and reshot with a 35mm prime lens since the final image needs to be high resolution.

      • panovrx
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2012
          Autopano Giga says it supports planar stitching
          http://www.kolor.com/image-stitching-software-autopano-giga-photo-stitching-feature.html
          Stitching together aerial photos or shot from multiple points of view

          >>In a notable innovation, the management of multiple viewpoints allows you to assemble multiple images that were not taken from the same perspective. Aerial photos or pictures taken in parallel or linear mode can now be stitched together. This also allows greater tolerance of photos taken freehand.>>

          But I havent tried it

          PeterM

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "R W" <yarwall@...> wrote:

          > I have been asked to photograph an operating room to create an 8' high x 24' long fabric curtain for display purposes. While comfortable doing panoramas, from the vendor example it looks to be photographed in 6 foot sections and merged to have a perfectly straight level top and bottom line.
          >
          > Any recommendations on the best technique to photograph the scene and use PTGui or Photoshop to create the monster image. My thought is to keep parallel to the wall and reposition the tripod every 6 feet and reshot with a 35mm prime lens since the final image needs to be high resolution.

        • dburton97128
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2012
            You could use a telecentric lens, but it would take thousands of shots to put it all together.

            What is the distance from the camera to the nearest/furthest objects?