Re: Inclinometer apps for tilt setting

  • Simon
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2012
      Fraid it's only iPhone but PanoTool, an iPhone/iPodTouch app I make does have pitch with a large display readout giving 10ths of a degree. The use you want to put it is not what it was originally made for but it has turned out to be surprisingly versatile and could be what you need. http://www.panotool.com
    • giant_klobasa_monster
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012

        > this app shows readouts to 0.1 degrees and the readings correspond closely
        > to my digital level (less than 0.3 degrees offset) which is a testimony to the technology of these sensors

        measuring TILT and ROLL is "easy" for these sensors. measuring YAW is hard. compass is unreliable and gyroscope has "drift" unless it is (very expensively) calibrated.

        give it a couple years....
      • kalpix_photo
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2012
          Try Clinometer HD which does work on iPad. It has 0.1 degree sensitivity and also has a bubble level.

          Kal