Getting DevalVR tamed

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28 5:15 PM
      I find that DevalVR now tries to read all QT panoramas. This is usually
      OK and I like the DevalVR rendering and functionality. BUT, it is not
      coping with the latest *.mov files, at least that is what I think is
      the trouble. For instance, WWP panoramas just don't come up at all...

      So when it works, it works just fine, but it doesn't work for everything
      and I want to see everyone's QT panoramas! Not be left waiting for ages
      only to find nothing ever appears.

      I'd appreciate advice on (a) how to tell DevalVR not to bother, so I
      can use QT for QT panoramas or (b) how to tell DevalVR how to display
      all *.mov files.

      I don't care about music or hotspots or any other fancy stuff. Just the
      plain panos would be fine.

      Roger W.

      --
      Work: www.adex-japan.com
      Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 28 11:51 PM
        Hi Roger,

        Some time ago I modified a version of DevalVR for Firefox, to open all
        MOV files, because some users had problems with QT and Windows XP64. I
        only wrote the url to install this modified plugin in this forum,
        maybe you installed that version? (This version was only for
        Firefox/Opera)

        Official version of the viewer only works with its own mimetype and
        HTML code, not with QT mimetype. You can install it here
        http://www.devalvr.com/install

        Tell me if you have any problem.

        regards
        fiero

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29 2:28 AM
          Thanks, Fiero. That's probably what I did...

          I love your viewer, by the way! And I appreciate the rapid response.
          I use mainly Opera but sometimes Firefox, so I probably assumed this
          was the version for me, but I can't recall the details.

          Roger