Re: Canon 6D with iOS and Android app

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 29, 2012
      Yes been looking for manual for the 6D but no available yet. The case is that it may be more bracketing available in the camera than the standard official 3 img.

      Same as the 5D MarkIII maybe.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

      > It could be a perfect camera!!!
      >
      > 2012/9/25 Mark D. Fink <markdfink@...>
      >

      > > While not an upgrade image-wise from my 5D Mk II, the Canon 6D does have
      > > some features that I find VERY interesting:****
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >
      > > Built-in Wi-Fi****
      > >
      > > Built-in GPS (finally!)****
      > >
      > > App for remote control****
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >
      > > The last one looks very promising:****
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >
      > > <
      > > http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos_remote.aspx
      > > >****
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >
      > > I wonder if you can do bracketing beyond the usual +2,0,-2 range currently
      > > available? Can't wait to see what the Magic Lantern folks do with this!***
      > > *
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >
      > > Mark****
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >
      > > ** **
      > >

      > --
      > Luca Vascon.
      > --
      > www.lucavascon.net
      > Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
      > Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
      >
      > www.officinepanottiche.com
      > www.nuovostudio.it

    • giant_klobasa_monster
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2012
        wifi? built-in gps! holy shit!!!!!

        :)

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, luca vascon <luca.vascon@...> wrote:

        > It could be a perfect camera!!!
        >
        > 2012/9/25 Mark D. Fink <markdfink@...>
        >

        > > While not an upgrade image-wise from my 5D Mk II, the Canon 6D does have
        > > some features that I find VERY interesting:****
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >
        > > Built-in Wi-Fi****
        > >
        > > Built-in GPS (finally!)****
        > >
        > > App for remote control****
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >
        > > The last one looks very promising:****
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >
        > > <
        > > http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos_remote.aspx
        > > >****
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >
        > > I wonder if you can do bracketing beyond the usual +2,0,-2 range currently
        > > available? Can't wait to see what the Magic Lantern folks do with this!***
        > > *
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >
        > > Mark****
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >
        > > ** **
        > >

        > --
        > Luca Vascon.
        > --
        > www.lucavascon.net
        > Questa è la mia mail privata, la guardo di tanto in tanto.
        > Se volete parlarmi di lavoro, contattatemi attraverso i siti qui sotto.
        >
        > www.officinepanottiche.com
        > www.nuovostudio.it

      • texas360dave
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2012
          I had a bit of an issue locating EOS 6D on USA-Canon's website.. finally found it at:

          http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_6d

          Newly designed 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor

          Estimated Retail [Body Only] $2,099.†

          † Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.

          # One-time registration is required on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY.

          * Compatible with iOS version 5.0 or later and Android devices version 2.3/4.0 or later. Data charges may apply.

          ** The EOS Remote app will be available soon. This software enables you to upload images to social network services. Before uploading images, please be aware that image files may contain privacy related information such as people and places. If necessary, please delete such information. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this software.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "giant_klobasa_monster" <panoramas@...> wrote:

          > wifi? built-in gps! holy shit!!!!!
          >
          > :)

          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, luca vascon <luca.vascon@> wrote:
          > >
          > > It could be a perfect camera!!!

        • Mark D. Fink
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 5, 2012
            Here is a link to Canon Europe, which has much more information on the App:

            http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos_
            remote.aspx

            Mark

            ------------------------------------

            --
          • giant_klobasa_monster
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
              digging deeper, it seems that the 6d takes SD cards, not CF cards. this is bad because SD cards are slower.

              but the worst part is that the 6d is using some broke-ass autofocus points, something that belongs in a toy camera from 5 years ago: 11 point AF system, center point cross-type. I mean, come on. This is dumb :( Even the 7d has cross-type autofocus on all of its AF points. and obviously a ploy to sell more 5d mk3 (which has an up-to-date autofocus system)

              Can't have it all, right?

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

              > While not an upgrade image-wise from my 5D Mk II, the Canon 6D does have
              > some features that I find VERY interesting:
              >

              > Built-in Wi-Fi
              >
              > Built-in GPS (finally!)
              >
              > App for remote control
              >

              > The last one looks very promising:
              >

              > <http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos_remo
              > te.aspx>
              >

              > I wonder if you can do bracketing beyond the usual +2,0,-2 range currently
              > available? Can't wait to see what the Magic Lantern folks do with this!
              >

              > Mark

            • Mark Fink
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
                It all depends on what your intended use is. For a sports photographer, this
                is definitely not your camera. For a VR photographer who doesn't really use
                autofocus, but instead uses hyperfocal or even image stacking, then the type
                of autofocus points to me are meaningless.

                How much slower are SD cards vs. CF? I have no experience with SD?

                Mark

                digging deeper, it seems that the 6d takes SD cards, not CF cards. this is
                bad because SD cards are slower.

                but the worst part is that the 6d is using some broke-ass autofocus points,
                something that belongs in a toy camera from 5 years ago: 11 point AF system,
                center point cross-type. I mean, come on. This is dumb :( Even the 7d has
                cross-type autofocus on all of its AF points. and obviously a ploy to sell
                more 5d mk3 (which has an up-to-date autofocus system)

                Can't have it all, right?

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Mark D. Fink" <markdfink@...> wrote:

                > While not an upgrade image-wise from my 5D Mk II, the Canon 6D does have
                > some features that I find VERY interesting:
                >

                > Built-in Wi-Fi
                >
                > Built-in GPS (finally!)
                >
                > App for remote control
                >

                > The last one looks very promising:

                <http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/eos_remo
                > te.aspx>
                >

                > I wonder if you can do bracketing beyond the usual +2,0,-2 range currently
                > available? Can't wait to see what the Magic Lantern folks do with this!
                >

                > Mark

              • giant_klobasa_monster
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
                  "Any images which have resolution, larger than S2(1920x1280), will be resized to S2 JPG and transferred to smartphone."

                  BOOO BOOOO BOOO

                  HISS

                  BOOOO

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
                    GRIN!

                    Again, not a feature that really has any interest to me personally. I'm not
                    looking to upload images to my smartphone at full resolution, but the
                    ability to control the camera via smartphone, now THAT interests me. I hope
                    to be able to spend some quality time with Canon on the 25th at the photo
                    expo in NYC and get more information.

                    My fallback position on this, if the camera really is too hobbled to be
                    useful, is the Promote system:

                    <http://www.promotesystems.com/products/Promote-Control.html>

                    If I can do all of what it does, but with an Android, (either phone or
                    tablet), them I'm leaning heavily towards the 6D.

                    On a related note, is there anyone out there using the Magic Lantern
                    software on a regular basis? Can it do pretty much everything that the
                    Promote or upcoming 6D can? I've only briefly played with it, but found the
                    interface, and more importantly, the lack of clear instructions, too murky.
                    Maybe I missed the URL with the beginner's guide.

                    Mark

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
                      Am 08.10.2012 21:45, schrieb Mark Fink:
                      > I'm not
                      > looking to upload images to my smartphone at full resolution, but the
                      > ability to control the camera via smartphone, now THAT interests me

                      Did you look at the different Android direct control apps at
                      http://wiki.panotools.org/Extended_bracketing_control ?
                      Go to "Android apps direct USB control"

                    • Mark D. Fink
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 9, 2012
                        Shame on me - I should have known to look at our own wiki first. Thanks for
                        pointing me there Erik!

                        After reading through the various options, I'm really leaning towards the
                        Helicon software. I have an Acer W500 which works as either a Win7 notebook
                        or tablet, since the keyboard is detachable. That gives me a nice big screen
                        in the field and pretty much everything I was looking for regarding focus
                        stacking and extended exposure bracketing. Really cool that it can combine
                        both together!

                        Mark