Re: Getting up to speed!

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 23, 2012
      Trausti, I did not say that I used all my time the last week .
      I guess It has just taken me in all 2-3 hours to learn the basics of the completely new options.

      This also includes the Bing maps which works also for HTML5 and which for my current client actually has double resolution compared to Google maps.

      When you have updated your templates making tours with the KRPano tools is just drag and drop and that also includes automatic cubeface creation.

> [...]
      > > first to double size 256x1280 pixels. When you save it at last you just
      > > change it back to 128x640.
      > >
      > > You can also very easy change the colors of the bar but it takes some time
      > > to find these things in the xml. And you can change the height of the
      > > banner and for example move it down to the bottom easy. You can also change
      > > the size of the thumbs easy at the top of the vtourskin.xml but when you do
      > > that you also have to change the size of the tourskin_thumbborder.png which
      > > gives you the border on the current pano.
      > >
      > > You also have to learn how to change the basic settings for creating the
      > > cubefaces, compression is now changed in the basicsettings.config and in
      > > the vtour.config you can change the max cubeface size or if you use the
      > > multiresoution you can easy control completely how they are made.
      > >
      > > All this may take a lot of time to figure out but of course you can also
      > > just leave it at the auto settings.
      > >
      > > The new editor is also great, I just started to use it and it is fantastic
      > > to ad navigation hotspots and set the initial view. A real time saver
      > > compared to the manual editing I used to do.
      > >
      > > Here is a link to 2 panos with an interface made using my old template.
      > > http://qtvr.dk/dnm0712/riddersalen/index.html
      > >
      > > I just updated it with a new skin which is a modification of the new
      > > default skin you also use. Its a skin I made for a completely different
      > > client. It took about 5 minutes to exhange it as needed to exchange the
      > > plugins and update the viewer to the new version.
      > >
      > > http://qtvr.dk/dnm0712/riddersalen/index2.html
      > >
      > > Hans
      > >

      > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "bryant_arnett" <mail3@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi, Everyone.
      > > >
      > > > So thanks to krpano, I am finally getting back up to speed with my old
      > > hobby of VR photography. I managed to create these images for a friend:
      > > >
      > > > http://colorspacefinishing.com/
      > > >
      > > > And I finally finished these old travel pics from my visit to Missouri 5
      > > years ago!
      > > >
      > > > http://www.arnettsound.com/VR/KCVR/vtour/tour.html
      > > >
      > > > I can't believe it took me 5 years to finally get these online, but I
      > > have been practically dead in the water all this time thanks to all the
      > > advancements over these past 5 years. It feels good to be finally getting
      > > caught up.
      > > >
      > > > One big question I have about krpano, which I have not been able to
      > > answer through searching all the forums and tutorials:
      > > >
      > > > How do I establish my own template settings for the droplets? The only
      > > tours and images I have been able to create use the default settings, and
      > > then I go in and edit the xml files to my liking. But I would much rather
      > > just edit the templates and have all my basic settings already in place. I
      > > am sure this is probably something simple. I see the xml files in the
      > > templates folder, but these don't seem to have all the settings in them.
      > > What is the difference between a config file and an xml file? Thanks for

    • Hans
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 23, 2012
        And remember Trausti this is a BETA version just a little more than a month old.
        How many months, sorry read years, did it take before you had a usable version.

        And also remember that you can with KRPano tools in just one simple drop create
        a tour which works on Desktop and Android flash - ipad,iphone and ipod -
        Desktop HTML5 - Android HTML5 (when they have got their browsers uptodate)
        Krpano is already uptodate for it. And even if I have not tested it yet it
        should also work in IE10 HTML5

        + you can automatically produce different versions for iPad1 and 2 and the New
        iPad and also make sure that Desktop HTML5 get the best size as HTML5 needs to
        have much smaller than you can use for Flash.

        All this can easy be configured in the config file so that you do not need to do
        anything at all manually to make all these cubefaces.

> [...]
        > > >
        > > > http://qtvr.dk/dnm0712/riddersalen/index2.html
        > > >
        > > > Hans

        > > > hobby of VR photography. I managed to create these images for a friend:

        > > > years ago!

        > > > have been practically dead in the water all this time thanks to all the
        > > > advancements over these past 5 years. It feels good to be finally getting
        > > > caught up.

        > > > answer through searching all the forums and tutorials:

        > > > tours and images I have been able to create use the default settings, and
        > > > then I go in and edit the xml files to my liking. But I would much rather
        > > > just edit the templates and have all my basic settings already in place. I
        > > > am sure this is probably something simple. I see the xml files in the
        > > > templates folder, but these don't seem to have all the settings in them.
        > > > What is the difference between a config file and an xml file? Thanks for

      • Trausti Hraunfjord
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 23, 2012
          Well Hans, NO thanks to your support (non-existing), it has taken a lot of hard work, financial cost and personal dedication to reach the current state of the project.  Before a usable version... it took 10 days. From 14th of December to 24th of December 2007, and the first usable version was created.  People could drop their cubefaces onto it, and a pano would be produced.

          That was almost 5 years ago.

          If you think you know all there is to know about the future of what I try to make for the panorama community, then you are fully entitled to believe what you want, but I do know for sure that you haven't got a clue... simply because you are not informed of our plans, nor have you shown any interest in knowing what is planned.

          Trausti