Re: [PanoToolsNG] NIKON - I AM 360

  • Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012
      Very good!!!

      El 20/09/2012, a las 09:28, AYRTON <avi@...> escribió:

      Guys this is old ... I shot last month :-)
      On August 18 th

      NIKON hired me to give some speach at their stand on a huge event .... Thousand of buyers stopping by.

      And also hired me to do one shot live
      So here it is
      Camera Nikon D700
      Nodal NInja R1
      Nodal Ninja Pole #2

      ISO 6400 at 1/50 and f:10

      Lots of "errors" on the stitch :-)
      but like always :

      The really IMPORTANT part in photo-journalism is the MESSAGE !!!

      The technical details, if they're small, but you guarantee to deliver the MESSAGE ... and make the Client happy, is what it counts ! :-)

      The Japanese President was there and all the Directors for Nikon too, and they were smiling during all the time :-)
      On the end, Mr. Maeda come to me and said :
      - THANK YOU, I love your work and presentation :-)

      And NIKON choosed the SLOGAN to put on my image, following the actual campaign on the press

      translating from Portuguese it means :

      AYRTON360 I AM THE 360 DEGREES PHOTOGRAPH

      Put the sound ON also to listen and see it :-)

      http://ayrton.com/360/krp/nikon/stand_pib2012/Foto_360_graus_NIKON_Brasil_2012.html

      Cheers from RIO

      + 55 21 9982 6313 - RIO
      http://ayrton360.com
      twitter.com/ayrton360

      "It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."

      Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

      976 297980 / 646154023

      Abaco Digital

      http://www.abaco-digital.es

      En cumplimiento de lo dispuesto en el artículo 5 de la Ley Orgánica 15/19999, de 13 de diciembre, de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal, le informamos de la existencia de un fichero de datos de carácter personal cuyo titular y responsable es ABACO DIGITAL S.L. La recogida y tratamiento de sus datos tiene como finalidad gestionar las relaciones comerciales, jurídicas o contractuales que le vinculen con esta entidad.
      Usted podrá en todo momento ejercitar sus derechos de acceso, rectificación, cancelación y oposición al tratamiento de datos personales, en la forma legalmente prevista, mediante comunicación firmada y remitida a ABACO DIGITAL, S.L., sito en Méndez Núñez 31, 3º dcha, C.P. 50003 de Zaragoza.

    • AYRTON
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012
        On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:

        Nice! I tried similar, handheld and quite in a dark room, couple of years ago...: http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2008_Nikon/01.html .

        Cool  :-) Nice place !!!

        I am not loyal to any brand of camera as I consider it only as a working tool.

        :-)
        I am loyal !!!

        :-)

        AND because of that ... Nikon pays me ... a lot   :-)

        If you could imagine how much I was payed for my presentation at the Nikon stand you would be loyal FOREVER
        :-)))))

        Cheers

        Bostjan

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012
          On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 3:00 PM, karelgil <karel@...> wrote:
          That are great shots, Ayrton, congrats.
          I did two on the Photokina yesterday (not so nice as yours, of course)

          One for Olympus: http://360vr.nl/Photokina/Olympus/
          and one for Samyang: http://360vr.nl/Photokina/Samyang/

          Cool
          Perfect, and nice

          I would love to talk to the Samyang people there
          They are doing nice products

          Thanks for sharing the panos with me

          Best
          AYRTON

          Both shot (as you'll probably guessed) with an Olympus E-M5 with the Samyang 7.5mm fisheye

          Cheers,

          Karel

          > Guys this is old ... I shot last month :-)
          > On August 18 th
          >
          > NIKON hired me to give some speach at their stand on a huge event ....
          > Thousand of buyers stopping by.
          >
          > And also hired me to do one shot live
          > So here it is
          > Camera Nikon D700
          > Nodal NInja R1
          > Nodal Ninja Pole #2
          >
          > ISO 6400 at 1/50 and f:10
          >
          > Lots of "errors" on the stitch :-)
          > but like always :
          >
          > The really IMPORTANT part in photo-journalism is the MESSAGE !!!
          >
          > The technical details, if they're small, but you guarantee to deliver the
          > MESSAGE ... and make the Client happy, is what it counts ! :-)
          >
          > The Japanese President was there and all the Directors for Nikon too, and
          > they were smiling during all the time :-)
          > On the end, Mr. Maeda come to me and said :
          > - THANK YOU, I love your work and presentation :-)
          >
          > And NIKON choosed the SLOGAN to put on my image, following the actual
          > campaign on the press
          >
          > translating from Portuguese it means :
          >
          > AYRTON360 I AM THE 360 DEGREES PHOTOGRAPH
          >
          > Put the sound ON also to listen and see it :-)
          >
          > http://ayrton.com/360/krp/nikon/stand_pib2012/
          > Foto_360_graus_NIKON_Brasil_2012.html
          >

          > Cheers from RIO
          >

          > *"It's not WHAT you shoot. It's the WAY you shoot it."*

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • John Riley
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012

            On Sep 20, 2012, at 5:03 PM, AYRTON wrote:

            :-)
            I am loyal !!!

            :-)

            AND because of that ... Nikon pays me ... a lot   :-)

            If you could imagine how much I was payed for my presentation at the Nikon stand you would be loyal FOREVER
            :-)))))

            Cheers

            At the IVRPA NYC2012, Ayrton would grab us, put Nikon lanyards around our necks, and forbid us to remove them!

            I bet Ayrton has a Nikon tattoo 8-)

            John Riley
            4Pi-VR Media Solutions
            http://4pi-vr.com
            johnriley@...
            (h)864-461-3504
            (c)864-431-7075
            (w)864-503-5775
          • AYRTON
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012
              On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 11:12 AM, dorindxn <Dorin@...> wrote:
              Congrats Ayrton that's very good for business!

              Thanksssss

              Almost the same hapenned to me.
              Couple of years ago was a Nikon meeting and as a surprise, I broadcasted live panos from the meeting, the panos were watched online from higher Nikon level, not remember how top was but was from their headquarters anyway.
              I was congratulated, no stitching errors on my case obviously, the only issue was some time dilatation after the first ones due to processing and upload speed but everyone seems to understand that given faster resources will be true live.
              One year later was the same, no surprise about broadcasting  but were surprised to see me with two cameras.
              I must  say that the same was with Canon, again with two cameras.
              I was congratulated about this kind of photojournalism based on my own innovation.
              To make them more interesting, for the next, I scheduled special broadcastings using complete Nikon lines 2x Nikon cameras and lenses, and the same 2x Canon camera and lenses (will be borrowed form them, of course, for those meetings)
              So far I used 2 Canon cameras with 2 Sigma lenses.
              BTW never had the feeling that the camera and lenses were issue in both cases, which is as the same as my philosophy, that the brand isn't an issue once you manage to do your job.

              Dorin, in my case is different

              I am a Nikon guy
              And Nikon does know that
              Only on twitter I have more than 4.500 photographers reading everything I write about
              On Facebook more 2.000

              So Nikon pays me, and hires me to shoot, and to speach, and to use my photos in expositions, and on the web, and also send me cameras to use
              Because they know that if I say good things about the cameras, lots of people will buy more Nikon cameras :-)

              That's a very powerfull marketing tool
              The Social Media is here to stay ...
              Social Goups on Facebook and Twitter, have the power to propagate good and bad things

              Thanks
              Later if you have a chancelease share the links
              I would love to see them

              Best regards
              AYRTON

              if there is interes I'll post links to those future broadcast if you want to see them as their happen.

              cheers,
              Dorin

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012
                On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 6:15 PM, John Riley <johnriley@...> wrote:
                On Sep 20, 2012, at 5:03 PM, AYRTON wrote:
                :-)
                I am loyal !!!
                :-)
                AND because of that ... Nikon pays me ... a lot   :-)
                If you could imagine how much I was payed for my presentation at the Nikon stand you would be loyal FOREVER
                :-)))))
                Cheers

                At the IVRPA NYC2012, Ayrton would grab us, put Nikon lanyards around our necks, and forbid us to remove them!

                :-))))))
                But there was different :-)
                Nikon was paying, or better sponsoring the IVRPA
                And it was Nikon USA
                What it is very good for us all

                I'm planning to go now to Nikon Europe, to participate on the ICELAND2013 event :-)

                My deal here is with Nikon Brazil

                :-)

                I bet Ayrton has a Nikon tattoo 8-)

                :-)
                I would need to have one for Apple and one for Nodal Ninja too
                :-)

                BTW: my name is AyrtoN

                begins with A from Apple  (that also "helps" me here in Brazil)

                and finish with N from Nikon and Nodal Ninja
                :-)

                All three brands WONDERFULL products ... I would say ... the BEST products  :-)

                Cheers John

              • si_lander
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 21, 2012

                  > On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@...> wrote:
                  >

                  > > Nice! I tried similar, handheld and quite in a dark room, couple of years
                  > > ago...: http://www.burger.si/DOGODKI/2008_Nikon/01.html .
                  > >

                  > Cool :-) Nice place !!!
                  >

                  > > I am not loyal to any brand of camera as I consider it only as a working
                  > > tool.
                  > >

                  > :-)
                  > I am loyal !!!
                  >
                  > :-)
                  >
                  > AND because of that ... Nikon pays me ... a lot :-)
                  >
                  > If you could imagine how much I was payed for my presentation at the Nikon
                  > stand you would be loyal FOREVER
                  > :-)))))

                  In my case I am a donator in most cases ;)

                  Bostjan