Re: [PanoToolsNG] Realistic motion blur with panoramic backgrounds

  • Christian Bloch
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2012
      Well, in their defense I have to say that VirtualRig does is in fact entirely unique.
      They have a few tutorial videos that show how it works. You can basically paint vector fields with very precise directions, and aside from remodeling the geometry and then moving a CG camera there wouldn't be another way to actually generate such a vector field.
      It's a very tight market that they serve: car commercials. I was working with a car photographer before, and the way how they used to get this motion blur was to mount the camera to the car with a long pole, and then pull it across about a meter while shooting all stopped down with a long exposure. And then paint out the pole. That's the rig they are replacing, and I thing anybody who went through the effort of shooting this way will find this software to be a bargain…

      Blochi