Question about Nomad Panohead

  • John Riley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2012
      I wanted to ask about folk's experience with the Nomad Panohead. I have been considering purchasing one for a good while, but have hesitated because of its detent system. It seems like loosening the screw, turning the head, tightening the screw, shooting the photo, repeat... would get in the way and perhaps be problematic. What has been your experience with this?

      Has anyone tried incorporating a stiff spring, say right under the top of the screw head, that is strong enough to keep the head together tightly, but which will let you "bump, bump, bump" rotate it without fussing with the nut? Of course, this might be difficult to make work without the thing unscrewing itself.

      John

      John Riley
      4Pi-VR Media Solutions
      http://4pi-vr.com