Help-looking for solution for high pano

  • panobanano
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
      Hi Friends,
      I am looking for ideas on how to capture a partial pano looking straight down from 30 feet up. Ability to get a little higher resolution than that from a fisheye would be good. This is indoors so no kites etc. I am thinking of some kind of automated pano head that can be programmed to shoot and turn to next shot etc. I would have the ability to hang this from something. Basically I need half of a sphere with the half being the bottom half. Any ideas?? One problem is I wouldn't have the funds to purchase the head? I would need to rent?

      Ron Rack
      360around.com
    • Roger D Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
        It's a pity the Kickstart "Astro" project isn't in time for you, as this might well have been exactly what you need. Depends on the weight of the equipment, of course, but they claim it's good for several kilograms.

        Roger W.

        Sent from my iPad

        On Sep 15, 2012, at 1:30 AM, "panobanano" <ronrack@...> wrote:

        > Hi Friends,
        > I am looking for ideas on how to capture a partial pano looking straight down from 30 feet up. Ability to get a little higher resolution than that from a fisheye would be good. This is indoors so no kites etc. I am thinking of some kind of automated pano head that can be programmed to shoot and turn to next shot etc. I would have the ability to hang this from something. Basically I need half of a sphere with the half being the bottom half. Any ideas?? One problem is I wouldn't have the funds to purchase the head? I would need to rent?
        >
        > Ron Rack
        > 360around.com

      • L.D.I. Felipe B. González
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
          Hi Ron,

          It sounds to me that your ideal solution would be a mast rig from photoshipone.com . Unfortunately I don´t know if anybody has such gear for rent.
          Wouldn´t a pole pano do the work? I´ve done on very few ocassions shots using a painter pole (about 15 ft high max) with good results (but no nadir, which maybe could be added later).

          Goos luck with your project.

          --
          L.D.I. Felipe B. González C.
          felipe@...

        • panovrx
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, L.D.I. Felipe B. González <felipe@...> wrote:

            > Hi Ron,
            >
            > It sounds to me that your ideal solution would be a mast rig from
            > photoshipone.com .

            They have interesting stuff at that site. This 3-axis gyro stabilizing support (for cameras no heavier than a Nex I think), for example.
            http://photoshipone.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_7&products_id=317

            PeterM
          • Ron Rack

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 14, 2012
                Am 14.09.2012 18:30, schrieb panobanano:
                > I am looking for ideas on how to capture a partial pano looking
                > straight down from 30 feet up. Ability to get a little higher
                > resolution than that from a fisheye would be good. This is indoors
                [...]

                Ignacio Ferrando would hang himself from the ceiling...

                ;-)