Re: [PanoToolsNG] OT-Xcode for Mac 10.6.8 (snow leopard)

  • Thomas Bredenfeld
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2012
      i didn't remember exactly wether i moved xcode after installation or
      not, but perhaps my path to the simulator may be helpful:

      /applications/utilities/xcode/platforms/iphonesimulator.platform/developer/application/ios-simulator.app

      i'm using xcode 4.0 on 10.6.8, but i think this shouldn't vary to much.

      it's not exactly the same as on a real devices, but i've seen not very
      much differences when testing panos for ios/html5.

      thomas

      Am 06.09.12 23:29, schrieb Stephani Hill:
      > Thank you, Fulvio! That was a great idea. I downloaded it from the
      > DVD. I now have xcode 3.2. I didn't readily see the simulator. I did
      > a search online and found the path I should follow
      > /Users/yourName/Library/Application Support//iPhone Simulator / but
      > there were no simulators listed there or on the search of my machine.
      >

      > Are they hidden or just not there? Have you experienced this before?
      >
      > -Stephani
      > On Sep 4, 2012, at 12:35 PM, Fulvio Senore wrote:
      >
      >> You can try the XCode version in the Snow Leopard DVD.
      >>
      >> Fulvio Senore
      >>
      >> Il 04/09/2012 19.26, needakeeper ha scritto:
      >> > I don't have an ipad or iphone, so I need to test on the simulator.
      >> I am using OS 10.6.8. Xcode can't be installed because Mac OS X
      >> version 10.7.4 or later is required.
      >> >
      >> > Does anyone know where I can find a version compatible with 10.6.8?
      >> >
      >> > Thanks-Stephani

    • Stephani Hill
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2012
        Thank you for the path, Thomas. I was hoping that was it, but I did not find it there either. I have looked all over the place. I did a search of the hard drive for simulator, ipad and iphone but it wasn't there. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you resolve it?

        -Stephani
        On Sep 7, 2012, at 4:16 AM, Thomas Bredenfeld wrote:

        > i didn't remember exactly wether i moved xcode after installation or
        > not, but perhaps my path to the simulator may be helpful:
        >
        > /applications/utilities/xcode/platforms/iphonesimulator.platform/developer/application/ios-simulator.app
        >
        > i'm using xcode 4.0 on 10.6.8, but i think this shouldn't vary to much.
        >
        > it's not exactly the same as on a real devices, but i've seen not very
        > much differences when testing panos for ios/html5.
        >
        > thomas
        >
        > Am 06.09.12 23:29, schrieb Stephani Hill:
        >> Thank you, Fulvio! That was a great idea. I downloaded it from the
        >> DVD. I now have xcode 3.2. I didn't readily see the simulator. I did
        >> a search online and found the path I should follow
        >> /Users/yourName/Library/Application Support//iPhone Simulator / but
        >> there were no simulators listed there or on the search of my machine.
        >>

        >> Are they hidden or just not there? Have you experienced this before?
        >>
        >> -Stephani
        >> On Sep 4, 2012, at 12:35 PM, Fulvio Senore wrote:
        >>
        >>> You can try the XCode version in the Snow Leopard DVD.
        >>>
        >>> Fulvio Senore

        >>> I am using OS 10.6.8. Xcode can't be installed because Mac OS X
        >>> version 10.7.4 or later is required.

      • Harry van der Wolf
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2012
          OSX 10.7 and newer need the Xcode from the app store.
          OSX 10.6 users need to download XCode 3.2.x from the developers site. You need to register (it's free).
          That XCode version is by far better (less bugs) then the one coming on the DVD.
          Note also that XCode 3.x and older install in /Developer. So the emulator will be there.
          XCode 4.x and newer install in /Applications as Thomas mentioned, but that's not the correct one for you.

          Harry

          --
          Hugin development bundles for Mac OS X
          ImageFuser for Mac OS X