Panoramas inside a wiki?

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2012
      I've been writing some stuff in a local wiki recently.
      It would be nice to be able to add some interactive 360s too.
      Does anyone have any examples on 360panoramas shown inside a wiki?
      Directly, or inside an iFrame?

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2012
        Am 07.09.2012 01:26, schrieb Bjørn K Nilssen:
        > I've been writing some stuff in a local wiki recently.
        > It would be nice to be able to add some interactive 360s too.
        > Does anyone have any examples on 360panoramas shown inside a wiki?
        > Directly, or inside an iFrame?

        Thomas Rauscher wrote a PanoramaTag extension for the panotools wiki:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Help:Pano-Tag
        should work on other MediaWiki's, too. Perhaps you ask him:
        http://sinnfrei.at/

      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 9, 2012
          På Sun, 09 Sep 2012 13:24:21 +0200, skrev Erik Krause <erik.krause@...>:

          > Am 07.09.2012 01:26, schrieb Bjørn K Nilssen:
          >> I've been writing some stuff in a local wiki recently.
          >> It would be nice to be able to add some interactive 360s too.
          >> Does anyone have any examples on 360panoramas shown inside a wiki?
          >> Directly, or inside an iFrame?
          >
          > Thomas Rauscher wrote a PanoramaTag extension for the panotools wiki:
          > http://wiki.panotools.org/Help:Pano-Tag
          > should work on other MediaWiki's, too. Perhaps you ask him:
          > http://sinnfrei.at/

          Thanks for the tip :)
          Unfortunately it requires you to be system administrator to install
          something like that, according to
          http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Extensions
          Besides, that Flash version didnt work (crashed, and made Opera unstable).
          I've found a Wiki/widget that allows iFrame tags inside the article, but
          apparently it also requires administrator status to be used.
          I've been in contact with administrators of this small, local wiki, and
          they prefer to only use content that is located on their servers, which
          excludes iFrame (and full control) :(
          They seemed pretty interested in 360panos though :)
          That's why I was hoping that I could show them some up-to-date examples of
          modern 360-panoramas on a wiki.
          I guess using a straight external link would be the only option then?

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2012
            Am 09.09.2012 18:43, schrieb Bjørn K Nilssen:

            [panotools wiki]
            > Besides, that Flash version didnt work (crashed, and made Opera unstable).

            I know. Hopefully Thomas will fix this as soon as he's back from the
            panotools meeting...

          • Bjørn K Nilssen
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 9, 2012
              På Sun, 09 Sep 2012 21:25:37 +0200, skrev Erik Krause <erik.krause@...>:

              > Am 09.09.2012 18:43, schrieb Bjørn K Nilssen:
              >
              > [panotools wiki]
              >> Besides, that Flash version didnt work (crashed, and made Opera
              >> unstable).
              >
              > I know. Hopefully Thomas will fix this as soon as he's back from the
              > panotools meeting...

              That would be nice :)
              Actually I didn't think it was still "alive", as it was dated 5 years ago,
              which is an eternity in this context ;)