WWP - September 2012

  • Bostjan Burger
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4 2:09 PM
      Just a reminder about the upcoming WWP event “Necessity”…

      "What is a necessity? It seems that it is a very subjective comprehension which depends of the culture, mental perception, living standard, time frame... but we can all agree that some basics are common to all of us: drinking water, not polluted air, healthy food, love, compassion... but do we all really have all that? Find what is a necessity to you, something what you can not live without, reveal your “necessity” and share it with us. Here are some definitions of “necessity”: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/necessity

      The time for a photography related to “Necessity” is going to start on Saturday, September 15th (00:00:01) and end in Sunday 23rd. (23:59:59)+/- 00:00:01 ;).

      You are going to have a chance to upload also your panoramas for all year events “Culture” (http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp2012/index.html ) and “Forest” (http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp2011/index.html ).

      Personally I didn’t find the suitable idea for the “Necessity”… most probably I am going to take a panorama of my home and tap with open water. My basic drink is clean and healthy water from the public water supply which I can drink from any tap in my home…
      I have a necessity to be outdoor every day, so today, even the weather was dull, I went to mountains and the nearest waterfall. I have taken a panorama of a beech forest nearby for the all year WWO event and next Sunday is in a town nearby a festival of the national costumes where I am going to take some panoramas for the WWP event Culture. Ups… dress might be a necessity…

      Kind regards where ever you are!

      Bostjan
    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6 12:33 AM
        Hi dear colleagues,

        Markus has updated the info about the upcoming World Wide Panorama event: http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html

        ... and my professional remark... the "Necessity" is a potential good social geography theme which can be a good source for future students or researchers of your panoramas. So... not only the collection of artworks or geographic locations but a precious e-learning "VR Book" - that what I personally see with the WWP project.
        ... and a practical remark... my experience is that some corporate networks and school networks limit or event don't allow the access to comercial websites. WWP is "clean", so you can present yourselves trough the WWP profile and portfolio of the past events since March 2004.

        Kind regard!

        Boštjan

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 13 11:42 PM
          Here we are… September 14th. Only few hours to start the new WWP event »Necessity«.

          Bostjan

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 15 1:51 PM
            The very first "Necessity" day of nine (did I count right ?) is over... preparation server is already open:http://contribute.worldwidepanorama.org/gen/ ... and preparation server is ready for all year WWP events Forest and Culture too. Nice to see the very first uploads! Take your panorama until September 23. Uploading will be open until September 30.

            :) Bostjan
          • Bostjan Burger
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 15 11:41 PM
              Today, that is September 16th, it is the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone layer (more about: http://www.wmo.int/pages/mediacentre/press_releases/pr_957_en.html ). Someone who still has no idea for the WWP Necessity event might get one today. It is necessary to protect the Ozone layer…how? “Dig” the idea out…

              The very first "Necessity" day of nine (did I count right ?) is over... preparation server is already open:http://contribute.worldwidepanorama.org/gen/ ... and preparation server is ready for all year WWP events Forest and Culture too. Nice to see the very first uploads! Take your panorama until September 23. Uploading will be open until September 30.

              :) Bostjan

            • texas360dave
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 20 4:22 PM
                I read that last photography day is 23 Sep. 3 more days to go.

                Upload Server opens 24 Sep.

                > Hi dear colleagues,
                >
                > Markus has updated the info about the upcoming World Wide Panorama event: http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html
                >
                > ... and my professional remark... the "Necessity" is a potential good social geography theme which can be a good source for future students or researchers of your panoramas. So... not only the collection of artworks or geographic locations but a precious e-learning "VR Book" - that what I personally see with the WWP project.
                > ... and a practical remark... my experience is that some corporate networks and school networks limit or event don't allow the access to comercial websites. WWP is "clean", so you can present yourselves trough the WWP profile and portfolio of the past events since March 2004.
                >
                > Kind regard!
                >
                > Boštjan
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Robert Bilsland
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 21 4:40 AM
                  The upload server has been open since the event started and will stay open until the 30th September. So if you've already shot something you can submit it now, if not, what are you doing, get out there and shoot something ;)

                  Robert Bilsland.

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "texas360dave" <texas360dave@...> wrote:

                  > I read that last photography day is 23 Sep. 3 more days to go.
                  >
                  > Upload Server opens 24 Sep.
                  >

                  > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bostjan Burger <si_lander@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi dear colleagues,
                  > >
                  > > Markus has updated the info about the upcoming World Wide Panorama event: http://www.worldwidepanorama.org/worldwidepanorama/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html
                  > >
                  > > ... and my professional remark... the "Necessity" is a potential good social geography theme which can be a good source for future students or researchers of your panoramas. So... not only the collection of artworks or geographic locations but a precious e-learning "VR Book" - that what I personally see with the WWP project.
                  > > ... and a practical remark... my experience is that some corporate networks and school networks limit or event don't allow the access to comercial websites. WWP is "clean", so you can present yourselves trough the WWP profile and portfolio of the past events since March 2004.
                  > >
                  > > Kind regard!
                  > >
                  > > Boštjan

                • Bostjan Burger
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 21 10:11 AM
                    Correct the server is open from the start of the event- the last day for photography is next Sunday until the midnight with Monday. The upload server is going to be open for your uploads (Necessity or Forest or Culture)until the end of September.

                    Have fun with your ideas of events... O.K. Forest is more strict as it really means area with the real forest.

                    Bostjan