Throwable panoramic camera

  • Gerhard Killesreiter
    • panovrx
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12 4:00 AM
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BYSSKNS5Ks

        from Reddit
        http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1i3349/throwable_panoramic_camera/

        this one is impressive I thought .. cameras must be CCD or global CMOS to be able to be tracked like that I think

        PeterM
      • Jim Watters
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12 2:10 PM
          On 2013-07-12 8:00 AM, panovrx wrote:
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BYSSKNS5Ks
          From the video at 1:11 it is obvious that the 4 images on the left are not
          capturing the full sphere. They are faked to make the viewer think they are.
          The image on the right is probably from a single camera and contains no stitching.

          But it still looks promising.

          Jim

          > from Reddit
          > http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1i3349/throwable_panoramic_camera/
          >
          > this one is impressive I thought .. cameras must be CCD or global CMOS to be able to be tracked like that I think
          >
          > PeterM

          Jim Watters
          http://photocreations.ca
        • giant_klobasa_monster
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 14 2:59 AM
            also, it is obvious from the so-called ball camera shown in the picture, that those lenses cannot capture enough to capture a full sphere with only 3 lenses.

            so i call "fake"

            Great fake though ;)