Re: Time for me to catch up

  • bryant_arnett
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2 4:52 PM
      Hi, Everyone.

      Thanks to all who replied with advice for potential software to help me get caught up. I think I am going to go with KRpano because it seems to be the most powerful, despite the complexity. I think I am actually ready to embrace a highly complex system if it gives me exactly what I want out of my display. I am also very interested in exploring the potential of sound (I am a sound designer/engineer/mixer for almost 30 years, so Sound has the potential of being my greatest area of interest).

      When I use the demo version of KRpano to create a simple tour by simply dropping the images on the "tour droplet" I end up with a really good tour. This tour seems to be compatible with HTML5. I uploaded it to my website and it is working on my iPhone (despite the fact that the same files will NOT work on a normal desktop browser, apparently because of the license restrictions).

      So if I am ready to go ahead and purchase a license for KRpano, do I also need to purchase the license for the HTML5 license simply to view my tour on my iPhone, or is that extra HTML5 license only required if I want to do more stuff with the HTML5?

      In other words, if I just buy the basic KRpano license and use it to create a very simple tour, will it be HTML5 compatible, or do I need to also purchase the HTML license? Thanks for your patience with an old timer/newcomer. I hope to be back on top of this very soon. :)

      ''''''''''''''' Bryant
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 2 7:01 PM
        No you need the html5 license period.

        The html5 version is quickly become very good working on most major browsers and working on mobile and tablet devices where possible. Currently, multiresolution is disabled for idevices but i think this will probably change before the end of the year.

        Sacha Griffin
        Office: 404-551-4275

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3 12:41 PM
          Thanks, Sacha.

          I will get the HTML5 license, definitely!

          Now I guess my next step is to dive into tutorials. The krpano website tutorial page has only the most basic info, then the rest of the documentation is very technical and advanced. I can work up to those advanced features, but are there any other tutorials available which bridge the gap between beginner and pro?

          ''''''''''''''''' Bryant

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > No you need the html5 license period.
          >
          > The html5 version is quickly become very good working on most major
          > browsers and working on mobile and tablet devices where possible.
          > Currently, multiresolution is disabled for idevices but i think this will
          > probably change before the end of the year.
          >
          > Sacha Griffin
          > http://www.seeit360.com
          > http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
          > http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360
          > EMAIL: sachagriffin@...
          > IM: sachagriffin007@...
          > Office: 404-551-4275

        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3 12:42 PM
            The viewer package comes with examples for everything and easy to understand xml.

            Sacha Griffin
            Office: 404-551-4275

            On Sep 3, 2012, at 3:41 PM, bryant_arnett <mail3@...> wrote:

            Thanks, Sacha.

            I will get the HTML5 license, definitely!

            Now I guess my next step is to dive into tutorials. The krpano website tutorial page has only the most basic info, then the rest of the documentation is very technical and advanced. I can work up to those advanced features, but are there any other tutorials available which bridge the gap between beginner and pro?

            ''''''''''''''''' Bryant

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

            > No you need the html5 license period.
            >
            > The html5 version is quickly become very good working on most major
            > browsers and working on mobile and tablet devices where possible.
            > Currently, multiresolution is disabled for idevices but i think this will
            > probably change before the end of the year.
            >
            > Sacha Griffin
            > http://www.seeit360.com
            > http://twitter.com/SeeIt360
            > http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360
            > EMAIL: sachagriffin@...
            > IM: sachagriffin007@...
            > Office: 404-551-4275

          • bryant_arnett
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5 12:47 PM
              Great! Thanks again. I found the examples and went through all of them. It's good stuff!

              So far, krpano looks like a very powerful, fun, program.