Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: strange result with hugin image

  • Henrik
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2012
      DID YOU TAKE THE IMAGE ON TRIPOD?

      IF SO BRING IT INTO PHOTOSHOP, AND LAYER THEM ON TOP OF EACH OTEHR AND ADD A MASK TO THEM AND PAINT WITH A BLACK BRUSH ON THE MASK TO HIDE WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT

      HOPE THIS HELPS

      SORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO YELL - JUST HAVE TO WORK IN CAPITALS ;-)
      Henrik Tived

      [PanoToolsNG] Re: strange result with hugin image

      I'm using Hugin 2011.4.0 Win7 64bit.
      Thanks

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "David" <dburton97128@...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to stitch two images of the same thing with some masks to combine different parts. I get a huge black circular band in the output. Doesn't seem to matter much what projections I choose. Why would that be?
      >
      > https://secure.flickr.com/photos/dbur971/7898828284/in/photostream

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • David
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2012
        I received this reply from Bruno:
        Bruno Postle said:
        This is a vignetting correction artifact caused by stacked rather than partially overlapping photos. In the Reset function you can reset all vignetting parameters and it should disappear.

        This fixed the problem. Thanks!
        https://secure.flickr.com/photos/dbur971/7901012698/in/photostream

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2012
          Yes , I thought of that, but was hoping Hugin would blend them better for me with less work since the exposure is quite different. These were exposed by flashlight painting while on a tripod with long exposure. There was a slight movement between shots but that could be easily fixed in PSE as well.

          Thanks.