RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: New Nomad Panohead for Yasuhara Madoka 180 Fisheye Lens

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 30, 2012

      Trausti,

      Some of these can be answering yourself with a 2 second search.

      http://www.whitepages.com/name/Adam-A-Kielcz/Cincinnati-OH/5mcrsfw

      http://profile.yahoo.com/6YNDG7ONSY5T6WIII45EGS4C3Y/#

      ;)

      Best Regards,

      Sacha Griffin

      http://www.seeit360.com

      http://twitter.com/SeeIt360

      http://www.facebook.com/SeeIt360

      IM: sachagriffin007@...

      Office: 404-551-4275

      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 30, 2012
        On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

        I am curious A. Kielcz.

        Who are you?
        How old are you?
        Why do you ask questions that really make no sense at all?
        This isn't the first time you ask something that leaves one thinking: "WHAT is he on about?"

        Trausti my friend

        I MUST agree qith you  hehehehehe
        I always think the same, and almost always begin to write an answer but then ... I stop and delete the msg and go on with my life  :-)

        For the absolute majority of the questions you have asked over time, you either ask questions that can not be answered, because you leave out needed information, or you ask questions that would take you 5 seconds to find the answer for through Google, or you ask questions that should never be asked.... like the one you asked here.
        So ... let me ask YOU a question relating to yours:  HOW would you replace the lens of the FZ200 with another lens?

        hehehehehehe   it's a fixed lens  :-)

        You know of this camera, and asked specifically about using another lens on it.  Yet it is clear that you have not even checked out what kind of a camera this is.
        http://www.dpreview.com/products/panasonic/compacts/panasonic_dmcfz200

        Sorry, but it is not as if you couldn't find this out on your own, not having to ask here.  You could equally have asked if the Madoka lens would work with an iPhone.

        Oh My God
        YOU Trausti suggesting an iPhone
        :-)

        I know, just kidding

        The dam fz200 does have a FIXED lens, why would he ask this is completely non sense, but

        that's the INTERNET  :-)

        best regards

        Trausti

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, A Kielcz <roblee007@...> wrote:

        > would it work with panasonic FZ200
        >

        > A Kielcz
        > Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.

      • thuang2
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 17, 2012
          Hello,
          If you will be attending Photokina 2012 and would like to test the Nomad Panohead, I will be there also for all 6 days. Please contact me if you would like to have a look, or you may also see it at the Yasuhara booth.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "thuang2" <thomashuang2@...> wrote:

          > A newly designed Nomad Panohead for the Yasuhara Madoka 180 fisheye lens is now available for sale.
          > http://www.thomashuang.net/products/npym180/npym180.html
          >
          > The Yasuhara Madoka 180 fisheye lens is currently the only lens for the Sony NEX system that offers a complete circular image. Compact and lightweight, the Nomad Panohead for the Madoka 180 lens is quick and simple to use for creating spherical panoramic photos in 4 shots, an comes in 2 versions, a fixed tilt and multi-tilt version.
          >
          > Fixed tilt (0°, ±5°, ±10°, others on request)
          > Multi-tilt X version (0°, ±4°, ±8°, ±12°, & reversed +19mm offset)
          > Fixed position at NPP for horizon (except reversed offset)
          > Rotator at 15° increments, marks for 4 + 6 divisions
          > Flip rotator over for smooth rotation
          > Material: PA2200 Nylon, strong and durable
          > 3/8"-16 thread mount (1/4"-20 adapter not included)
          > 6000 x 3000 px resolution when used with 16mp APS-C camera

        • yuval_levy
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 17, 2012
            To the spammer that is selling the Nomad Panohead: I have never interacted you before today. Never shown any interest in your products on services. And yet you had the guts to harvest my email address, along with the email addresses of some other 400+ people, most of them on this list, and to spam me with your stuff in a way that leaked the 400+ addresses to me, and my address to the 400+ others.

            I do not mind 400+ reputable photographers having my email address, but I do mind the most stupid spammer I have ever seen spamming my mailbox with his products.

            I have not had the time to use a panorama head in years, but rest assured that if I should ever be back on the market to buy one it will be anything but the product of a spammer, and I strongly recommend to every photographer I know to avoid your products.
          • Ken Warner
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 17, 2012
              Thomas is a panographer who is developing an interesting an innovative panohead for a few selected lenses. He's a good guy. Your response is unwarranted but I must say typically misguided.

              On 9/17/2012 8:09 PM, yuval_levy wrote:
              > To the spammer that is selling the Nomad Panohead: I have never interacted you before today. Never shown any interest in your products on services. And yet you had the guts to harvest my email address, along with the email addresses of some other 400+ people, most of them on this list, and to spam me with your stuff in a way that leaked the 400+ addresses to me, and my address to the 400+ others.
              >
              > I do not mind 400+ reputable photographers having my email address, but I do mind the most stupid spammer I have ever seen spamming my mailbox with his products.
              >
              > I have not had the time to use a panorama head in years, but rest assured that if I should ever be back on the market to buy one it will be anything but the product of a spammer, and I strongly recommend to every photographer I know to avoid your products.

            • Trausti Hraunfjord
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 17, 2012
                Thomas is "one of our own" (panographer with a passion for this field of taking pictures) and I wonder what has caused your response to be this fierce Yuval.
                From what I know, he only posted the following through the group, and without harvesting any email or spamming anyone in the true spirit of spamming:

                Hello,
                If you will be attending Photokina 2012 and would like to test the Nomad Panohead, I will be there also for all 6 days. Please contact me if you would like to have a look, or you may also see it at the Yasuhara booth.

                I am a member of the group, and received no spam mail from him today or any other day throughout the couple of years (or more) that I have known of him in the panorama field.  A year or so back, he politely asked me for permission to post information about his head in the FPP forum, where a true spammer would have posted without even considering asking for a permission.

                Personally I can't see how his post of his could have caused your reaction, but if you have received a mail where your address was in a CC pool with 400 other addresses, it would be warranted to get agitated over.

                If he has been harvesting emails for spamming, it would really surprise me, especially since I was obviously left out :)

                Trausti

                On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM, yuval_levy <yahoo08@...> wrote:

                To the spammer that is selling the Nomad Panohead: I have never interacted you before today. Never shown any interest in your products on services. And yet you had the guts to harvest my email address, along with the email addresses of some other 400+ people, most of them on this list, and to spam me with your stuff in a way that leaked the 400+ addresses to me, and my address to the 400+ others.

                I do not mind 400+ reputable photographers having my email address, but I do mind the most stupid spammer I have ever seen spamming my mailbox with his products.

                I have not had the time to use a panorama head in years, but rest assured that if I should ever be back on the market to buy one it will be anything but the product of a spammer, and I strongly recommend to every photographer I know to avoid your products.

                __._,
              • thuang2
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 17, 2012
                  Hi Yuval,
                  Sorry, it is my fault, it seems that the addresses were sent in CC instead of BCC, all the addresses were not meant to be shared. I did send the an email to 300 photographers.

                  > Thomas is "one of our own" (panographer with a passion for this field of
                  > taking pictures) and I wonder what has caused your response to be this
                  > fierce Yuval.
                  > From what I know, he only posted the following through the group, and
                  > without harvesting any email or spamming anyone in the true spirit of
                  > spamming:

                  > Hello,
                  > If you will be attending Photokina 2012 and would like to test the Nomad
                  > Panohead, I will be there also for all 6 days. Please contact me if you
                  > would like to have a look, or you may also see it at the Yasuhara booth.
                  >
                  > I am a member of the group, and received no spam mail from him today or any
                  > other day throughout the couple of years (or more) that I have known of him
                  > in the panorama field. A year or so back, he politely asked me for
                  > permission to post information about his head in the FPP forum, where a
                  > true spammer would have posted without even considering asking for a
                  > permission.
                  >
                  > Personally I can't see how his post of his could have caused your reaction,
                  > but if you have received a mail where your address was in a CC pool with
                  > 400 other addresses, it would be warranted to get agitated over.
                  >
                  > If he has been harvesting emails for spamming, it would really surprise me,
                  > especially since I was obviously left out :)
                  >
                  > Trausti
                  >

                  > On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM, yuval_levy <yahoo08@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > To the spammer that is selling the Nomad Panohead: I have never interacted
                  > > you before today. Never shown any interest in your products on services.
                  > > And yet you had the guts to harvest my email address, along with the email
                  > > addresses of some other 400+ people, most of them on this list, and to spam
                  > > me with your stuff in a way that leaked the 400+ addresses to me, and my
                  > > address to the 400+ others.
                  > >
                  > > I do not mind 400+ reputable photographers having my email address, but I
                  > > do mind the most stupid spammer I have ever seen spamming my mailbox with
                  > > his products.
                  > >
                  > > I have not had the time to use a panorama head in years, but rest assured
                  > > that if I should ever be back on the market to buy one it will be anything
                  > > but the product of a spammer, and I strongly recommend to every
                  > > photographer I know to avoid your products.
                  > >
                  > > __._,

                • pedro_silva58
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 18, 2012
                    hear, hear!!
                    in addition to the regular announcements here, i've also been receiving many unsolicited, unwanted, and irritating ads at my personal mailbox, which culminated with the email yuval is talking about, leaking hundreds of email addresses (including mine) to hundreds of people.
                    i was about to write a msg similar to yuval's, only he beat me to it.
                    a "oops, my bad!" is simply "too little, too late".
                    as a result, i too will be avoiding any products from this company, no matter what.
                    cheers,
                    pedro

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 18, 2012
                      > Thomas is "one of our own"

                      Does not give him permission to spam.

                      > Personally I can't see how his post of his could have caused your
                      > reaction, but if you have received a mail where your address was in
                      > a CC pool with 400 other addresses, it would be warranted to get
                      > agitated over.

                      Indeed I am not referring to his post -- I have not had time to read this mailing list for more than a year. I was motivated to come back to the list, find his post and expose his unacceptable behaviour after he spammed me and 400+ addresses. By now you have confirmation of my story from the spammer himself [1] and from at least one other victim [2].

                      > If he has been harvesting emails for spamming, it would really
                      > surprise me, especially since I was obviously left out :)

                      Surprise, surprise. If you need further proof I can make the full headers of the spam available to you under condition that you destroy it after examination and that you do not retain any of the addresses. I confirm that you are not on the list (I hope it does not hurt your ego). I was surprised to find on the list names that have disappeared from the panorama community many years ago, indicating that the harvesting behaviour is not new. The headers have been forwarded to Google's abuse report [3]. The "To" header was so long that the form did not digest it at first. I had to edit it out and mention the 450 recipients in the comments, although any email service operator can retrieve them from the server's log based on the message ID.

                      [3] https://support.google.com/mail/bin/request.py?&contact_type=abuse

                      From my perspective the incident is closed, the spammer is exposed and hopefully the public is smart enough not to reward spamming behaviour and does what Pedro suggests in [2].

                      I expected reactions to my post hence I came online this morning to check, but in general I do not have time to follow this list (or any other list, for that matter). If you have something legit to tell me, private-message me please. I am open to reasonable requests but not to mass-mails. If I do not answer it means that I am not interested. I do subscribe to selected mass-mails when (a) subscription is on my initiative; (b) the mass-mails are respectful and provide, amongst other, for an explicit and easy way to unsubscribe; (c) the content is relevant to me; and (d) the frequency is acceptable to me. In this specific case, conditions (a), (b), and (c) were not met.

                      Yuv
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 18, 2012
                        Am 18.09.2012 15:18, schrieb yuval_levy:
                        > If you need further proof I can make the full headers of the spam
                        > available to you under condition that you destroy it after
                        > examination and that you do not retain any of the addresses.

                        It would be nice you disclosed the complete mail (including the headers)
                        to the PanotooolsNG moderators (which would have been a first measure
                        instead of posting this to the list which is off topic here as you
                        know). I myself didn't get such a mail.

                        However, Thomas mailed the same announcements (at least) to the hugin
                        and the PTGui list as well without a word of apology for crossposting. I
                        must agree that this is on the border to spam to say the least.

                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 18, 2012
                          Am 18.09.2012 15:32, schrieb Erik Krause:
                          > It would be nice you disclosed the complete mail (including the headers)
                          > to the PanotooolsNG moderators (which would have been a first measure
                          > instead of posting this to the list which is off topic here as you
                          > know). I myself didn't get such a mail.

                          We (the moderators) got the questionable mail forwarded from a different
                          source. I can tell for sure that the addresses where not harvested from
                          PTNG, since only 5 out of 450 entries are spelled exactly the same as
                          those Thomas Huang could have been harvesting from PTNG since the start
                          of his membership Oct 25, 2011. For all others clear name differs from
                          address, clear name is written differently etc. Even comparing the bare
                          addresses gave only 14 out of 450 that have posted on PTNG in the past year.

                          So this issue has nothing to do with PanotoolsNG apart from the fact
                          that Thomas is posting product announcements here, which he was granted.
                          Disclosing email address lists by not putting them in the BCC field is a
                          major breach of netiquette, though.

                          I strongly recommend to contact the moderators first before you post on
                          the list if you suspect misbehavior of a member or similar.

                          I therefore declare this topic closed. If you have problems with that
                          inform the moderators. A mail to
                          PanoToolsNG-owner@yahoogroups.com will do.

                          best regards
                          PanotoolsNG co-moderator.
                        • Trausti Hraunfjord
                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 18, 2012
                            Indeed this has been confirmed, and as I stated: If your address had been in a CC pool with (hundreds) of other recipients, it would be reason for you (and anyone else in that pool) to be less than happy about it.

                            I assumed that your reaction was based on the post Thomas made here, but understood that it could have been real spam.

                            Hopefully your ego didn't get bruised too much by being targeted by a spammer :) (just throwing your curve-ball back at you :) )

                            And I totally agree that email harvesting from this and other lists/forums is unacceptable, and Thomas' behaviour has surprised me.

                            Trausti

                            On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:18 AM, yuval_levy <yahoo08@...> wrote:

                            > Thomas is "one of our own"

                            Does not give him permission to spam.

                            > Personally I can't see how his post of his could have caused your
                            > reaction, but if you have received a mail where your address was in
                            > a CC pool with 400 other addresses, it would be warranted to get
                            > agitated over.

                            Indeed I am not referring to his post -- I have not had time to read this mailing list for more than a year. I was motivated to come back to the list, find his post and expose his unacceptable behaviour after he spammed me and 400+ addresses. By now you have confirmation of my story from the spammer himself [1] and from at least one other victim [2].

                            > If he has been harvesting emails for spamming, it would really
                            > surprise me, especially since I was obviously left out :)

                            Surprise, surprise. If you need further proof I can make the full headers of the spam available to you under condition that you destroy it after examination and that you do not retain any of the addresses. I confirm that you are not on the list (I hope it does not hurt your ego). I was surprised to find on the list names that have disappeared from the panorama community many years ago, indicating that the harvesting behaviour is not new. The headers have been forwarded to Google's abuse report [3]. The "To" header was so long that the form did not digest it at first. I had to edit it out and mention the 450 recipients in the comments, although any email service operator can retrieve them from the server's log based on the message ID.

                            [3] https://support.google.com/mail/bin/request.py?&contact_type=abuse

                            From my perspective the incident is closed, the spammer is exposed and hopefully the public is smart enough not to reward spamming behaviour and does what Pedro suggests in [2].

                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 18, 2012
                              The discussion about "spam" has taken more bandwidth than the spam itself.
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 18, 2012
                                Am 18.09.2012 21:36, schrieb Trausti Hraunfjord:

                                > And I totally agree that email harvesting from this and other
                                > lists/forums is unacceptable, and Thomas' behaviour has surprised me.

                                Obviously you haven't read my notice 3 hours ago: This topic is closed.