Re: PS Help!

    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 30, 2012
      Am 30.08.2012 23:04, schrieb Sacha Griffin:
      > I guess you haven’t seen this then….
      >
      > How to Sharpen a Pencil

      Well, the main purpose of samurai swords was to kill people. Kitchen
      knifes are not so good for this, although it is possible. But actually
      this artisan pencil sharpener proves my words true: It's always better
      to use high quality tools if you want good results.

    • John Riley
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 30, 2012

        On Aug 30, 2012, at 5:04 PM, Sacha Griffin wrote:

        I guess you haven’t seen this then….

        How to Sharpen a Pencil

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spMaP-_Cq_8

        -sacha

        Somehow, that really appeals to me. And the Palomino Blackwing pencils, ooohhh!

        John Riley
        4Pi-VR Media Solutions
        http://4pi-vr.com
        johnriley@...
        (h)864-461-3504
        (c)864-431-7075
        (w)864-503-5775
      • Roger D Williams
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 30, 2012
          On Aug 31, 2012, at 6:00 AM, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...> wrote:

          > Am 28.08.2012 02:03, schrieb Roger D Williams:
          >> But when you are simply sharpening a pencil, a kitchen knife can be
          >> better than a Samurai sword!
          >
          > I prefer a pencil sharpener for that task, since normal kitchen knifes
          > rarely are sharp enough. No, I don't speak of a Hōchō - this is category
          > samurai sword...

          Pencil sharpener > kitchen knife > Samurai sword! (grin)

          >> The bottleneck in my workflow is now in SNS-HDR, where I have to
          >> process each of the 6+3 shots individually.
          >
          > I thought SNS-HDR does batch processing? At least that's what I read
          > from a google search...

          The Pro version does (85 euros) but my Home version (30 euros) doesn't, nor is it supposed to be used for commercial work. I am thinking of upgrading but will probably wait until the new version, with CA and fringe removal, and selective preprocessing to eliminate ghosts, is released.

          Incidentally, I have been mightily impressed with what I thought was the natural look of my tone-mapped images but someone whose opinion I respect has just said they still have that HDR look!

          Roger W.
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
            Am 31.08.2012 01:14, schrieb Roger D Williams:
            > The Pro version does (85 euros) but my Home version (30 euros)
            > doesn't, nor is it supposed to be used for commercial work.

            The lite version possibly does if you modify the workflow described on
            http://wiki.panotools.org/Batch_merge_handheld_images
            in the template creation step uncheck 'Generate control points' and
            'Optimize project'.

          • Roger D Williams
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 1, 2012
              Thank you, Erik, but that only works if I integrate SNS-HDR into PTgui via the command line. I prefer to treat it as a pre-processor, much as we use ACR, because I love the interface and the well-chosen defaults. But as one who goes the integration route, can you tell me how it affects the very basic PTgui interface for HDR? I have assumed that this would remain unchanged. I much prefer to leave HDR out of PTgui altogether but if SNS-HDR could be smoothly integrated into PTgui and retain its full functionality, I might decided to struggle with command line syntax!

              Roger W.

              Sent from my iPad

              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 2, 2012
                Am 02.09.2012 02:12, schrieb Roger D Williams:
                > Thank you, Erik, but that only works if I integrate SNS-HDR into
                > PTgui via the command line. I prefer to treat it as a pre-processor,
                > much as we use ACR, because I love the interface and the well-chosen
                > defaults. But as one who goes the integration route, can you tell me
                > how it affects the very basic PTgui interface for HDR?

                In this case you use the batch functionality of PTGui only to merge sets
                of images. You don't even use the built in HDR.

                Another way would be to modify my enfuse droplet: In the corresponding
                batch file replace enfuse.exe by sns-hdr.exe and adjust the parameters
                accordingly.