Re: [PanoToolsNG] What's a Gigapixel?

  • luca vascon
    Message 1 of 49 , Aug 30, 2012
      Uhmmmmmm. Are you the Paul DeRocco I suppose you are?
      :-)

      2010/10/20 Paul D. DeRocco <pderocco@...>
      > From: Sacha Griffin
      >
      > How about instead of trying to create records, people create
      > photos that people like viewing.... Heck even 40mp will fill
      > most of a wall... It'd be nice that people would stop wasting
      > time stitching and try waking up earlier to catch the light
      > or camp a scene out for whenever it comes and then stitch a
      > moderately high resolution image that then makes magic or
      > what some people call photography. If a gigapixel scene takes
      > 45 minutes to shoot, you're trying to shoehorn in a whole
      > slew of images that don't match in lighting. Now, until we
      > have easy access to caves or imaxs for viewing full
      > resolution photos, I might care a little more.
      > I'm not even sure their projectors are up to the task.

      For me, that's generally true of nature scenes, but for urban scenes it's
      awfully fun to zoom way in and look around in a really high-res pano, the
      way one might sit in one spot and look around with binoculars in a city. You
      can never have too many pixels for that.

      --

      Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco
      Paul                mailto:pderocco@...

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          PanoToolsNG-digest@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      Luca Vascon.

    • Bostjan Burger
      Message 49 of 49 , Aug 31, 2012
        I am currently working with a gigapix documentation of Alps in my area... the final results are 1.28 Gpix panoramas ready to be projected to VRPs,...but can I really say that is a true "gigapix"? Half of the panorama is useless information of the blue sky. I would like to have a cylindrical VRP but the "fashion" is spherical,.. so..., to pleasure the public I am using my server place and bandwith with the useless zenit.

        ;) Bostjan