Some tips on HDR with some good HDR examples

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2012
      http://www.dpreview.com/articles/1944596440/hdr-for-the-rest-of-us/print

      Whenever I teach an HDR (high dynamic range) photography workshop, the first thing I do is ask my students to type a Google search for 'I hate HDR'. More than a million results pop up, most of them bemoaning the damage that HDR images have wrought on photography.

      I actually think there's a place for surreal HDR imagery and that when it is done well, it's as valid as any other creative approach to photography. I'll be the first to agree, however, that there are plenty of HDR images out there that are an over-sharpened, hyper-saturated mess.