A funny thing happened to me in PTGui

  • Roger D. Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2012
      In a panorama of some of Japan's odder public buildings that I took the
      other day, there was a large lattice-like  open-sided roof structure.

      There are unfortunately three seams that meet right in the middle of
      the overhead lattice, and I have been playing with Detail Viewer and
      the Mask function, along with adding control points, to get the lattice
      looking seamless.

      Everything looks FINE in Detail Viewer, but when I stitch, there's an
      ugly, blurred seam running right through the lattice.

      It's the first time I've noticed such a discrepancy between Detail
      Viewer and the final panorama. Has anyone else noticed this? And
      can anything be done to correct it? I've tried sharp and soft feathering,
      and different interpolation algorithms, but nothing works.

      Roger W.

      Ooops. Should post this in the PTgui list, too. Apologies to those who
      will see it twice.

      --
      Business: www.adex-japan.com
      Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger