Re: [PanoToolsNG] (unknown) <= Malware exploit

  • Kathy Wheeler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24 3:09 PM
      Trausti and all,

      DO NOT GO THERE! And DO NOT REPOST ANY MESSAGE CONTAINING THE URL.

      On 08/25/2012, at 4:18 AM, Trausti Hraunfjord wrote:
      > That would be somewhat off topic... unless we are all into losing personal weight, and not only shaving off the camera equipment weight...

      The url (deleted as a precaution) is a WordPress exploit. Check your machines for malware if you have been anywhere near that site please. It's a double ended exploit of the victims email account (that sends the url) and the vulnerable, usually old and not updated WordPress installation.

      All you WordPress users out there make sure your systems are up to date and all recommended security measures are in place.

      Anyone seeing a url with "wp-content/plugins" in it be VERY cautious. WordPress serves everything from the root directory. And "pretty" urls are usually a WP construct and doesn't really exist as paths. "wp-content/plugins" does.

      KathyW,
      Co-owner / moderator, PanoToolsNG