New 8mm f2.8 Samyang fisheye on eBay going soon

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10 3:01 PM
    • Uri
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11 9:12 AM
        There seems to be some confusion about this lens, so let me try and clarify:

        1. The regular Samyang* 8mm will require 6+2 shots on a DX sensor for a full pano.
        2. The same lens with the lens hood removed or shaved off, will require 4 shots on an FX sensor for a full pano.
        3. The NEW, just announced model of that lens comes with a REMOVABLE hood, so it will work on both kinds of sensors with no surgery or shaving.

        * Samyang, Rokinon, Bower, etc. are all the same lens.

        Note: I have an excellent, brand new, never used Rokinon 8mm, (original model, with lens hood) for sale, $250 with free mailing in North America. Please contact me privately.
        PS: I also have a Manfrotto 303SPH pano head and leveling base for sale. This is "industrial quality" stuff. Anybody interested? Please contact me privately.
      • Ken Warner
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11 9:21 AM
          There is also an 8mm f2.8 E-mount lens for NEX cameras that is different from either of the two 8mm f3.5 lenses you mention. There is also a version of the "regular" 8mm f3.5 Samyang with an E-mount that was designed for Sony's video cameras like the VG-10.

          The lens I said was on eBay (it wasn't mine and it's sold) is/was for the NEX E-mount and is/was the 8mm f2.8 version.

          On 8/11/2012 9:12 AM, Uri wrote:
          > There seems to be some confusion about this lens, so let me try and clarify:
          >
          > 1. The regular Samyang* 8mm will require 6+2 shots on a DX sensor for a full pano.
          > 2. The same lens with the lens hood removed or shaved off, will require 4 shots on an FX sensor for a full pano.
          > 3. The NEW, just announced model of that lens comes with a REMOVABLE hood, so it will work on both kinds of sensors with no surgery or shaving.
          >
          > * Samyang, Rokinon, Bower, etc. are all the same lens.
          >
          > Note: I have an excellent, brand new, never used Rokinon 8mm, (original model, with lens hood) for sale, $250 with free mailing in North America. Please contact me privately.
          > PS: I also have a Manfrotto 303SPH pano head and leveling base for sale. This is "industrial quality" stuff. Anybody interested? Please contact me privately.

        • giant_klobasa_monster
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 12 1:44 PM
            No, on a crop (1.5 or 1.6) sensor, you can shoot 4 around and 1 up. not much overlap though!