Re: Astro Time-Lapse Rotary Intervalometer

  • g8dhe
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
      Hi Roger, Yes I found it seconds after making the post of course! It's 30°/Second, so yes quite fast! The other factor that might be of significance to us is how well it can support an off-centre load, as in a Pano head where the weight distribution is all to one side. I note however that they propose to use it as a an elevation motor as well, so that might indicate that it can support such loads.
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 3, 2012
        On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 05:21:03 +0900, g8dhe <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > Hi Roger, Yes I found it seconds after making the post of course! It's
        > 30°/Second, so yes quite fast! The other factor that might be of
        > significance to us is how well it can support an off-centre load, as in
        > a Pano head where the weight distribution is all to one side. I note
        > however that they propose to use it as a an elevation motor as well, so
        > that might indicate that it can support such loads.

        Yes, that was my reaction on hearing they intended to approve it for
        vertical panoramas, not just horizontal. We shall see.

        30 degrees per second is still 12 seconds for a complete rotation, which
        is slow enough to indicate quite a high degree of gearing and, of course,
        correspondingly high torque.

        The flat, squat design should mean that if it is seated securely on a
        rigid tripod it shouldn't waggle under an off-centre load.

        For years my ideal was a circular image fisheye used on a monopod to
        take four around with neither zenith nor nadir. But since I started
        using the Pentax 10-15 zoom and need to take more shots and clearly
        need both zenith and nadir, I have discovered just how good the Nodal
        Ninja III is, and have REdiscovered full multi-exposure bracketing
        for true HDR. This rotary intervalometer is going to make it all
        much more automatic, if I can get it to work well with my Pentax
        gear now I've decided to use nothing else.

        Roger W.

        --
        Business: www.adex-japan.com
        Pleasure: www.usefilm.com/member/roger